A rewarding opportunity to be part of a unique company culture
Join an organization committed to making a true difference in our community
Receive great employee benefits and a competitive hourly rate of $20+ (negotiable based on experience) + monthly bonuses!
About James River Equipment
James River Equipment was founded in 1977 when the Romer Family purchased their first John Deere dealership in Virginia. Under the leadership of Mark Romer and more than 40 operational partners, James River Equipment has grown to over 40 locations throughout Virginia, the Carolinas, and West Virginia. The combination of our experience, culture, and focus on customer service has resulted in James River Equipment becoming one of the most distinguished and widely respected John Deere dealers in the country. Our steady growth in service, rentals, parts, and sales is a direct reflection of the loyalty of our customers and our increase in the variety of products we offer.
We strive to be the employer of choice by providing career growth opportunities, stability, and longevity for generations to come. James River Equipment Delivers beyond the job. It's your life, and we know that you work to enjoy the moments beyond the doors of James River Equipment - the more you can rest easy about your health, family, and future, the more you can benefit.
For more information about us, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
James River Equipment currently has exciting opportunities for Field Service Technicians or Service Technicians to join our team on a full-time basis. Candidates will be working on sites or shops throughout the Charlotte Metro Region, North Carolina.
As a Field Service Technician, you will be working both in the shop and out at customer locations (with occasional work required outside in varying weather conditions) to repair, conduct maintenance, and address any customer concerns or questions regarding our fleet of John Deere equipment. A valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required.
As a Service Technician, you will be working in one of our shop locations in Charlotte, NC. As our new Service Technician, your primary responsibility will be to install, repair, and service John Deere machinery. This role will see you managing your own service territory along with assisting other technicians.Qualifications
Your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, adjusting, and maintaining construction on various types of heavy equipment
- Utilizing problem-solving resources such as DTAC, technical manuals, personal skills, and experience in order to perform diagnosis of equipment problems
- Requesting proper parts needed for repair through the parts department and keeping track of machine status
- Planning and executing the sequence of repairs
- Conducting engine underhauls, head gaskets, rear axle replacement, hydraulic valves and pumps, rock shafts, and transmission repairs
- Preparing accurate inspection and service reports, and maintaining other records as required
- Following company policies and government regulations
- Keeping work areas clean and orderly, while complying with company safety standards
In order to qualify for this role, you will join us with a high school diploma or GED and experience in the automotive, electrical, mechanical, or HVAC industry. Completion of a John Deere C&F Technician program, experience with JD dealership in C&F equipment, or completed/ongoing JDU training courses are all strong assets. Previous experience in equipment repairs is preferred, and computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. An equivalent combination of training and experience will also be considered. Candidates should be able to lift up to 75lbs with the ability to work in varying locations/weather conditions.
As our ideal candidate, you'll take responsibility to safely execute the work while demonstrating excellent attention to detail. You are a fast learner, with superb communication skills and a dedication to delivering quality work. Further, you have the ability to collaborate and build relationships with coworkers, customers, and vendors, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Above all, you'll be a reliable and friendly team player who has a natural aptitude for problem-solving and is eager to contribute to an established, growing company!About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate of $20+ (negotiable based on experience) and monthly incentive bonuses. In addition, our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended health, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period for benefits
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Disability and life insurance
- 401k with employer match and profit share
- Annual tools and PPE allowance
- Employee recognition rewards program
- Opportunities to attend a yearly cruise for top performers
- Paid time for employees to take online training at home
- Company laptop
- Company cell phone and vehicle provided for Field Service Technicians
- Opportunities for leadership and professional growth
- Quarterly group outings, company events, and employee recognition programs
Upon joining us, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you're looking for a satisfying workplace and would like to take your career forward, Apply Now!