Finance/Accounting Specialist - Portland, OR #108103Date:
May 11, 2022Location:
PORTLAND, OR, US, 97232Company:
PacifiCorp is seeking customer-centric candidates to grow and sustain our commitment to a culture of customer service excellence, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion.General Purpose
Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
Requirements for the position include:
- Cross-train with several members of the corporate accounting team on various critical functions including regulatory, benefits, cost recovery, leasing and debt accounting, including the following duties:
- Research and document conclusions;
- Document processes;
- Coordinate with regulatory accounting managers and others outside the accounting team;
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger data including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations;
- Prepare invoices and maintain customer relationships;
- Serve as a subject matter expert in areas of expertise;
- Help streamline and automate corporate accounting functions including the use of robotic process automation;
- Perform month, quarter and year-end close and consolidations functions
- Implement and manage internal controls to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Prepare responses for regulatory data requests related to areas of expertise.
- Perform other corporate accounting responsibilities as needs and interests change and to ensure sufficient cross-training.
- Analyze, prepare and interpret quarterly and annual FERC/SEC/regulatory reports and monthly Financial & Operating statements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in accounting or a related field.
- A strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to accept and implement feedback with a professional attitude.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels, and to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Project management and leadership skills, including the ability to collaborate with other team members and departments, maintain project timelines and budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA designation.
- General understanding of FERC Code of Regulations.
- Experience with GAAP for regulatory accounting (ASC 980).
- Experience implementing new technology tools in accounting processes.
- Experience in SAP Financial Systems modules.
- General understanding of utility economics and accounting, as well as utility commission rules and regulations.
Req Id: 108103
Company Code: PacifiCorp
Primary Location: PORTLAND
Department: Pacific Power
Personnel Subarea: Exempt
Hiring Range: $83,400. - 98,100
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary performance incentive bonus of up to 12% of salary.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screeningNearest Major Market:
Portland Oregon Career Segment:
Accounting, Financial, Consulting, Equity, ERP, Finance, Technology