When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.Posting
Job Summary (Purpose):
Responsible for interfacing, supporting and influencing strategic decision making across various operational and overhead business units. Partners with operational and financial leaders in order to report on, analyze and enhance financial performance across the business.
- Mid-level of experience in financial management and operations analysis. Works with FP&A and Finance Leadership to improve reporting content and analysis.
- Ability to influence senior leadership through financial interpretation and explanation.
- Effective in communicating financial and operating issues to all levels of management.
- Highly responsive and motivated. Strong understanding of region operations and ability to identify down-stream impacts of strategic decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with all levels in the organization in order to complete various Forecast and Budget deliverables.
- Leverage existing technology/tools, foster partnerships and create new data models in order to deliver proactive, timely and insightful analysis and proposals.
- Identify cost reduction and business efficiency opportunities. For new projects, play a vital role in validating financial assumptions and information that form the basis for strategic business decisions. Mitigate risks between business priorities and financial performance.
- Train and educate business leaders on the financial aspects of their business, such as reading their P&L, interpreting financial and operational metrics, etc.
- Efficiently create concise and effective presentations for Finance and Overhead Leadership.
- Collaborate with other Finance members and steward consistency and standardization efforts across FP&A.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Medium level experience - 5-7 years experience in financial analysis and reporting. Conducts or participates in complex financial analysis projects.
- Communications - Excellent in communicating financial information in both written and verbal forms and is able to work on many initiatives. Ability to communicate results and recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Flexibility - Position has a large amount of analysis on a wide variety of issues resulting in a continuous flow of questions and exchange of information and follow up.
- Technical - Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, advanced level MS Excel skills are required.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7 years of experience in financial analysis
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.