Performs clerical and system coordination for nursing units. Monitors and updates orders and schedules diagnostic and therapeutic services. Ensures accuracy and frequent updates of unit census, patient information, and level of care. Coordinates all nursing unit communications and activities. Acts as receptionist, greeting and/or directing patients, visitors, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Coordinates tests and treatments with and between various departments for patients on nursing units. Maintains working knowledge of functions and services offered by all diagnostic and treatment departments to facilitate the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Facilitates communications required to support patient care including multiple-line telephone, unit/site paging and hospital information system. Screens incoming telephone calls. Monitors department office equipment and troubleshoots minor problems. Arranges repair of major malfunctions.
- Maintains working knowledge of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and other computer systems for ordering patient and unit supplies and equipment. Processes daily patient charges and/or related procedures through the system.
- Compiles necessary chart forms for admissions, transfers, discharges and expirations. Obtains appropriate copies of medical records for transfers to nursing homes and other health care facilities.
- Verifies medical records contain complete and accurate patient demographic information, patient identification and registration in the medical record, including appropriate level of care.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relations and contributes to a harmonious work environment. Quickly and courteously acknowledges requests, responds to call lights, demonstrates proper phone etiquette and fosters communication between the health care team.
Weekends only - Saturday/Sunday
Licenses & Certifications
High School Graduate, or
Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Required Functional Experience
No experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic computer skills.Excellent oral and written communications.Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to interruptions and changing priorities/workloads.High level of attention to detail essential.Certification AddendumTeam members will maintain annual educational requirements for hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).