The Pierre Hotel, one of the world's premier luxury destinations, seeks a qualified host or hostess for the restaurant, Perrine.
Located in the iconic Pierre Hotel on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Perrine is polished yet relentlessly playful. Under the direction of Executive Chef Ashfer Biju, the French-American cuisine, farm-to-table restaurant’s seasonally inspired menus skew toward what’s fresh and fun. A parsnip here, a peach there, chilies to spice things up, cucumbers to cool things down. The result, naturally, is the kind of unexpected indulgent dining you dream about all day, every day.
The position requires an ability to provide superior guest service, in a fast paced, luxury environment. The host or hostess will play a key role in our restaurant and will be instrumental in providing exceptional service to the guests.
- The host or hostess is the first point of contact for guests arriving at or telephoning the restaurant
- He or she must maintain an efficient operation of the dining room for excellence in quality, professionalism, and sociability
- Greet guests promptly, courteously, and graciously with eye contact, a smile, and excellent engagement
- The role requires the host or hostess to look after all aspects of the guest's arrival, including coat check, seating, and making the guest comfortable
- Manage the restaurant reservations system
- Take note of special preferences of the guest and update guest history
- In this role, the host or hostess will be instrumental in ensuring our guests are having an enjoyable and memorable dining experience
- Follow the restaurant specific standard operating procedures
- Ability to interact professionally with servers, bartenders, and managers
- Handling and printing of menus including explanations/communication of all menu items as needed
- Assisting with the day-to-day operation of the front and back of house, relating to all aspects of the reception desk
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a hotel restaurant or free-standing restaurant
- New York experience is a plus
- Have a keen interest in New York’s restaurant and dining scene
- A friendly and outgoing personality is essential for this position
- Must be confident, poised, and gracious at all times
- The ability to be charming and interact positively over the phone is required
- Must be guest focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills are necessary, including Microsoft Office; OpenTable experience is a plus
Source: Hospitality Online