Housekeeping Staff - Tomlinson South Meridian YMCA
The South Meridian Branch of the Treasure Valley YMCA is unlike any other in the country. Our 60,000-square-foot facility is part of a unique collaboration that combines family recreation, education, sports, literacy, and wellness care on a single campus called "The Hill." Hand in hand with our partners-St. Luke's Health System, the West Ada School District, and the City of... Meridian-the South Meridian Family Y will help us build A BETTER US.
Housekeeping Staff is responsible for keeping all areas clean, safe and well maintained while maintaining positive interactions with members and other staff.
• Create a safe environment for members, participants, and staff by cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas of the facility to meet standards of cleanliness in accordance with cleaning checklists and using required safety measures.
• Replenish products and supplies as needed.
• Develop intentional relationships and engage with members, responding to customer service needs using the Y voice attributes.
• Set-up before and tear-down after special events.
• Record and report necessary repairs and complete repairs as directed.
• Ensures the cleanliness, safety and security of the facility and the overall attractiveness of the branch by completing duties according to checklist or as assigned.
• Routine locker room and restroom cleaning, stocking and maintenance.
• Regular laundry including loading, unloading and operating washers and dryers, folding, stacking laundry.
• 6 months or more of related experience preferred.
• Must be able to engage others in conversations and make all people feel welcome.
• Ability to respond calmly and quickly to safety and emergency situations.
• Must have good interpersonal and communications skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional, and articulate when dealing with others.
This is a part time position averaging 15 hours per week. Schedule requirement is;
• Monday: 10:00am-2:00pm
• Tuesday: 10:00am-2:00pm
• Wednesday: 1:00pm-4:00pm
• Thursday: 10:00am-2:00pm
• Possible Weekends
Welcoming and Inclusion:
At the Y, we welcome everyone whose behavior adheres to our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. We advance our cause by building a stronger and more equitable community where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, thrive, and reach their full potential with dignity. The Y is a force for building bridges among all people-regardless of ability, age, birthplace, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, race, or sexual orientation. The Y is for all.
How to Apply:
External candidates must complete an online application. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact [Email available when viewing the job]. All current YMCA staff must apply through their UKG account, and updated resume and cover letter is recommended. Previous YMCA staff may email their updated resume and cover letter to [Email available when viewing the job] with the name of the job they are applying for in the subject line or apply through their existing UKG account