Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday (7a - 3:30p shift).
- Performs installation, operation, inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair duties involving diverse heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration and related control systems throughout N/AIDHC facilities.
- Receives and reviews work orders and prioritizes assignments. Completes all assigned Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and Corrective Maintenance work orders in a timely and professional manner. Actively participates in the implementation and ongoing evaluation and improvement of HVAC system preventive maintenance program. Complete assigned rounds in a timely and competent manner.
- Collaborates with other members of the Facility Department and promptly contacts outside contractors and vendors as needed to maintain the HVAC system. Keeps Manager and Lead aware of system issues. Reports any complication on specific jobs or equipment to Lead and Manager as appropriate. Responds to emergency situations throughout the facility.
- Actively participates in the implementation and ongoing evaluation and improvement of HVAC system preventive maintenance program. Complete assigned rounds in a timely and competent manner.
- Maintains the facility HVAC control systems according to state and local facility regulatory code and accrediting agency standards. Provides advance notice of testing, maintenance and repairs to affected departments.
- Acts to minimize the risk of HVAC outages and keeps affected departments, Command Center and leaders informed of any outages or potential for outages. Collaborates with manager to reduce risk of utility interruptions.
- Works closely with the Facility Managers and staff to provide for appropriate air exchanges, positive or negative protective pressure relationships and other HVAC safety of all patients, visitors, and staff as prescribed in AIA and Code requirements. Report unsafe working conditions to Manager, escalate unsafe conditions to leaders as appropriate.
- Report unsafe working conditions to Manager, escalate unsafe conditions to leaders as appropriate. Participate in daily huddles, escalate Safety, Methods, Equipment, Supply or Associate issues at Huddles. Seek out and participate in Continuous Improvement program activities
- Effectively read and interpret blue prints, engineering documents and HVAC schematics.
- Maintain good attendance on scheduled weekdays and accept after hour work assignments including holidays, weekends or other work schedules as required. Must be available to accept on-call rotation schedule and report in a timely manner ready to perform work.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3 years working as an HVAC with 5 years experience preferred.