University of Colorado | CU Denver
School of Medicine | Adult and Child Center for Outcomes Research and Delivery Science
Official Title: Information Technology Senior Professional
Working Title: Information Technology Website & User Support Specialist
Position # ***** – Requisition #28058
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver is the state's premier public urban research university and equity-serving institution. Globally connected and locally invested, CU Denver partners with future-focused learners and communities to design accessible, relevant, transformative educational experiences for every stage of life and career. Across eight schools and colleges in the heart of downtown Denver, our leading faculty inspires and works alongside students to solve complex challenges through boundary-breaking innovation and impactful research and creative work. As part of the state's largest university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with 2,000 employees and annual economic impact of more than $800 million. For more information, visit www.ucdenver.edu
ACCORDS has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Information Technology Website & User Support Specialist position.
Nature of Work
ACCORDS is looking for a part-time (50% FTE) enterprising IT specialist who can manage content and graphic support for our website, as well as build graphics for electronic and print consumption and help us innovate in our use of technology to deliver educational content, communicate, and reach a broader audience, and more effectively track and manage data and reporting needs.
Examples of work performed
Development and maintenance of ACCORDS websites:
- Develop, implement, and management of the front-end and back-end functionality of all ACCORDS Sitefinity built and maintained web sites, applications, and services. Work with ACCORDS Communications staff, DFA and management to ensure all content is current and dynamic. This includes regularly updating existing content and cross-linking to other sites/events/news as appropriate/requested. all content is current and dynamic. This includes regularly updating existing content, and cross-linking to other sites/events/news as appropriate
- Investigate and implement new web-related technologies which may be to user interface design, programming frameworks and methodologies, database solutions, and communication protocols/schemes that support ACCORDS CU website presence.
- Evaluate ACCORDS websites and make recommendations on best practices for displaying content to align with university branding and communications.
- Review requests for new web pages to be added to the ACCORDS website with DFA, communications staff and management team and publish accordingly.
- Attend campus communication and IT meetings to ensure ACCORDS sites are maintained with the latest approved templates, style guides and branding.
- Ensures a consistent look and feel is maintained throughout various websites.
- Monitor reports for broken links, accessibility issues, redirects, etc.
- Manage and maintain appropriate accessibility standards for ACCORDS websites per OIT guidance and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Guidelines https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag/
- Design, develop, maintain, and communicate technical and user-level training and documentation, as needed for both ACCORDS CU domain and non-domain sites.
- Create google analytics dashboards for ACCORDS leadership to monitor website performance.
- Identifies useful site performance metrics, collects, tracks, records, compiles, analyzes, and reports site usage data.
Graphic Design & Digital Asset Management:
- Manage digital assets (images, logos, collateral, and video) hosted in Sitefinity. Make sure items are up to date and older items are archived.
- Stay current on university branding requirements by working with Communications Department.
- Attend the CU Anschutz Communicators group meeting to stay current on branding, templates, logos, icons, etc.
- Develop high quality graphics, unique icons, etc. for website using Adobe creative suite, that can also be used in printed materials.
- Identify digital assets and icons to use consistently across web pages
- Design and build email, flyer, poster, and other electronic and print communications materials for reuse for both internal and external communications needs.
- Using Adobe Express, Canva or another end-user based graphic design platform, create ACCORDS templates that meet all graphic and branding requirements for electronic email/invitation templates, flyer and other graphics as needed that ACCORDS program staff can easily update and use for events.
- Create training guides and provide training on use of templates for ACCORDS staff.
End-User Tool Development/Implementation and Management:
- Create and maintain database-type solutions for ACCORDS to track and manage reporting and communication data for ACCORDS cores and programs.
- Create database/dashboards to collect and manage reporting metrics for ACCORDS Core Leads and Directors.
- Develop and deploy customizable forms to gather information, provide email notifications and house data. Build individual dashboards by individual and program to allow review and updating editing of data, and long-term effective management/reporting.
- A bachelor's degree in Information technology/computer science, graphic design or another related field from an accredited institution that provide an adequate background and skill to perform the position.
- Two years of experience which included website maintenance and/or development preferably using Sitefinity.
- Demonstrated ability to create graphic content for both online use and printed materials.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Experience developing websites using multiple content management systems such as Sitefinity CMS.
- Experience with web graphic design.
- Experience with the Google Analytics platform.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data.
- Experience using Sitefinity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software.
- Knowledge of software tools that can be used to audit and optimize website usages and content.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing time and prioritizing tasks accordingly.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $ 59,686 to $75,920 (.50 FTE).
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at *****/a>?.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21628 - SOM-COHO CTR GENERALOPERATIONS
Posting Date: Nov 4, 2022
Unposting Date: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Jana Smilanich-Rose Posting Contact Email: *****/a> Position Number: *****
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency