The Infrastructure Management Technician will configure monitoring systems to support our growing critical infrastructure and data center clients. They will perform installation, preventive maintenance, scheduling service for monitoring systems that support our power and cooling equipment.
- Optimizing Performance
- Configuration Management (Planning and Managing Processes)
- Asset Management (Managing Physical Assets)
- Real-time Monitoring
- Real Time Monitoring products include SiteScan, Alber Battery Monitors, Nform, Communication Cards, Rack Monitoring Solutions and Remote Monitoring offerings. The IMT is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
- Render technical on-site and phone assistance to customers.
- Perform general and preventive maintenance on monitoring systems.
- Respond to emergency calls at customers request.
- Strive to provide all customers a 'first time fix' for their equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to internal and external customers.
- Keep current on safety field change notices and service tips.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
- Keep current on safety bulletins, safety field change notices, field change notices and service tips.
- Abide by CoHE (Control of Hazardous Energy) standards.
- Adhere to work hours policy guidelines – “14 hours rule”.
- Must wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) as per company guidelines and accordance with job duties.
- Report all work related accidents or injuries within 24 hours to the appropriate personnel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Action Oriented – Enjoys hard work; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Building Effective Teams – Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; lets subordinates present to senior management; acts as if real success is the success of the team.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with subordinates on work and results.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, networking and/or information technology or military training preferred.
- 4+ years of hands on networking and infrastructure experience.
- Familiarity with real-time monitoring systems test equipment and fundamentals.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints.
- Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment.
- Standard computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Clear, concise, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and ability manage own schedule.
- Timecards, expense reports, mileage reports, ticket closure, forms and more.
- Valid driver’s license.
Vertiv is a $4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers’ vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to *****/p>