Integration Construction Manager 2 - Telecom - Remote United States
Date: Jul 8, 2022
Location: US UT, US
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Company : Overland Contracting Inc
Req Id : 77561
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Responsible for coordination of integrations on large telecom and wireless projects. Coordinates integration schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Manager, Client Manager, and Integration Vendors. Responsible for coordinating troubleshooting and alarm clearing of integrated wireless projects for the client to be able to launch new services.
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.
- Work directly with one or more Integration Vendors daily communicating the needs as required by ourselves and the client *Interpreting daily reports from the Integration vendors in order to determine if goals have been met or if additional work and/or items are needed in order to meet completion *Have a working knowledge of the telecom industry particularly wireless cell sites. 3 or more years of experience is a plus *Submission and approval of integration purchase orders *Tracking and actualizing PACE milestones in a timely manner *Calculate and provide proper scheduling out to vendors in order to get sites prepped for integration and to coincide with construction activities completing *Gather updates from the Construction team in order to facilitate planning and scheduling of integrations *Being the single POC for the client when it comes to providing updates and feedback regarding site integrations and speak on client calls *Have a working knowledge and able to decipher RF data sheets. Having the ability to understand what is being performed at the site and assembling the necessary data required for integration *Proficient in working with Microsoft Office software to include but not limited to Excel, Word, and Power Point *It’s important to be self-motivated, organized, know proper time management and can work under pressure as well *Coordinate with crews for sites that pull in or push out to ensure proper use of Integration Vendor resources *Work with client to ensure all prerequisites are in place so that integrations may occur – Transport, EPL, Ops task, etc. *Work and build relationships with client RF team as well as Opto team *Oversee material tracking on client’s inventory systems *Candidate should be familiar or excel in the network architecture of Ericsson, Nokia, and Samsung equipment including 4G and 5G within NSB, CRAN, and MCE LTE programs *The role will be responsible for the Integration and troubleshooting of LTE carrier adds, NSB, CRAN, WLL, and UMTS with the AT&T Program in the region *Candidate is responsible for the clearing of all alarms post integration in order to hand off a clean alarm free product for AT&T to place on air. *Coordinates and schedules all troubleshooting activities between all parties as well as such as PMs, Ops and RF Engineering. *Strong candidates will have wireless construction experience; some RF experience and/or Operations experience, and especially troubleshooting of these systems *Must be able to work with tower crews, but at the same time work with ATT Project Managers as well
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of construction technology. Coordination of integrations on large telecom and wireless projects.Knowledge of telecom construction industry. Constructability knowledge. Knowledge of project budget process and tools. Knowledge of department budget process and tools. Knowledge of Project controls. Risk assessment/management. Administrative policies and procedures. Construction Project Management Systems. Conceptual planning ability. Conflict management skills. Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising). Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work). Presentation skills. Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve). Project management skills. Communication and meeting skills. Time reporting systems. Expense reporting policies and procedures.Proficient in working with Microsoft Office software to include but not limited to Excel, Word, and Power Point
3 years at Entry level CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at ***** or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Construction Engineer, Field Engineer, RF Engineer, Engineer, Engineering