IT Business Systems Analyst Coordinator
The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking an Information Technology Business Systems Analyst/Coordinator for the Division of Operations. This position is needed to support high priority DHHS projects including iServe, Gen System Upgrade, server and web application upgrades, etc. While concurrently working on major projects, this position is also needed to provide ongoing maintenance and support of the N-FOCUS system and its end users by researching and responding to multiple system issues and implementing regular mandatory system updates.
Under limited supervision, this position will serve as a Department of Health and Human Services IT Business Systems Analyst Coordinator with the N-FOCUS system team.
Are you a compassionate, results-driven professional with the skills necessary to provide leadership within an organization, WE NEED YOU!
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and Benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Operations, please visit our website, http://dhhs.ne.gov.
Examples of Work
The IT Business Systems Analyst Coordinator will:
• Perform functional lead activities for major projects, business processes and system components.
• Serve as a liaison between technical developers and DHHS program administration as well as end users of the N-FOCUS system to gather information and system requirements.
• Analyze complex business processes and requirements.
• Require documentation of existing processes, policies, and standards.
• Require documentation of work flows that demonstrate current and proposed business requirements.
• Work with technical developers and other Business Analysts to design system functionality and write business design documentation.
• Act as the primary point of contact for technical developers to answer questions and follow-up on design related questions and issues.
• Be required to develop system test plans, create test cases, execute test plans and assist with preparation of help text and release notes.
• Work with business and technical team leads to assist with project management activities.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in the analysis of business processes and system requirements, and the creation of business process solutions for large-scale business system applications.
PREFERRED: Associates degree or higher in Business, Human Services or Computer Science. Two years' experience working in human services delivery or system development or support, preferably in a lead or supervisory role. Experience working with the N-FOCUS system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: Principles and processes involved in business and organization planning, coordination and execution; computers; specification development and writing; design techniques, principles, tools, and instruments; instructional methods and training techniques. A working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint.
Ability to: Communicate information to others with strong communication skills; utilize computer applications; systematically analyze data or information; think logically; recognize and identify problems and their sources, apply general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers; document/record information; organize, plan and prioritize multiple assignments; be able to work well in a collaborative team environment and have exceptional collaborative skills; be a self-starter and self-motivated.
Skill in: facilitation to solve problems; explanatory writing; facilitating meetings; information gathering; reading comprehension; active listening, conducting tests to determine whether equipment, software, or procedures are operating as expected; coordinating work activities of others, assigning work to others, preparing project/work plan, and monitoring work progress.
Job ID: 6138193887928836013
Lincoln, Nebraska Jobs
Project Management Specialists and Business Operations Specialists, All Other Jobs