Posting Number ***** Classification Title IT Desktop Support Technician (2 Positions) Working Title Department Information Technology Department Contact Email ***** Job Summary/Basic Function
Under general supervision, the incumbent serves as an IT technician for the Central State University at Wilberforce, Ohio. This is the first contact customer-facing position required: excellent customer service and communication skills, in-depth technical knowledge, attention to detail, friendly, calm under pressure. Ability to work in a fast passed work environment. The incumbent will deploy, diagnose, repair, and maintain the University’s owned desktop/laptop hardware, software, and photo ID system to ensure secure, smooth, and optimal operation. This position report directly to the Chief information officer of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure/deploy desktop/laptop for staff/faculty and computer labs.
- Provide technical assistance and support to user issues related to the end-points, phones, software, and other technology-that maintained by the University IT department
- Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills
- Performs fundamental/advanced problem-solving skills, assists department users and the University community.
- Provide training to users on new or updated technologies.
- Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties that optimize performance.
- Maintains and updates records of repairs and fixes as needed; may document projects and maintain user instructions.
- Troubleshoot systems and work with faculty/staff/students to determine needed software/ hardware changes.
- Courteous, professional, and Patient.
- Required Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse University setting.
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Able to see beyond ambiguity
- Experience in remote technology such as OneScreen, Mondo Pad, Cisco WebEx, MS. Teams
- Experience with desktops, laptops, printer
- Answer multi-line phones and assisting users remotely or in-person.
- Assists with tracking inventory of equipment and materials; performs data entry and maintenance of records.
- Perform systems maintenance and testing to ensure proper functionality of systems and peripheral devices; troubleshoots and resolve system hardware, and software.
- Assists with the review, evaluation, and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
1. The candidate must clearly understand how the network, system, and software work in sync.
2. Be proactive to a solution
3. Courteous, professional, and patient to the clients
4. Able to see the entire life-cycle of a project and complete. Preferred Qualifications
1. Two years of hands-on experience in computer maintenance.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent hands-on experience. Posting Date 06/06/2022 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Position Category Staff - Monthly (Exempt) Budgeted Annual Salary -- Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of retail experience do you have?
- 1 to 2 years
- 1 to 5 years
- over 5 years
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts