The IT Support Analyst reports to the Director of IT Support Services and supports company and end-user technical needs while providing excellent customer service. This position contributes to the success of the team through thorough resolution of problems, documenting work in the IT support ticketing system, collaboration, and researching enhancements, innovative tools, or process improvements to drive efficiency and improve customer service levels.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAAs Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs day-to-day end-user support for a wide range of computer hardware, software, applications, and data and voice networks.
- Partners closely with business customers to ensure computing needs are met by providing end user training, assisting with network connectivity, and identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and thoroughly resolving problems.
- Serves as primary point of contact to set up and maintain network security.
- Supports organizational information technology initiatives and maintenance by performing some or all of the following: system configuration, infrastructure support, system administration, system analysis, database maintenance, installing and upgrading equipment components and software, and planning for/responding to service outages and other problems.
- Performs software installations, software updates and hardware maintenance in accordance with documented policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- Conducts research on emerging desktop software, hardware and networking, recommending innovative and cost-effective solutions to customer problems.
- Accurately and fully documents all troubleshooting and steps taken to resolve case within the IT support ticketing system, ensuring tickets are created for all work done.
- May assist with procurement, inventory control and equipment life-cycle planning activities for technical hardware and software across the company.
- Fosters positive relationships by offering quality, courteous, professional customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or other computer related field with 1-3 years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience in an IT support role preferred
- Previous experience making user updates in Active Directory preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office installation process
- Knowledge of Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) connectivity for Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless routers
- Skill in computer hardware troubleshooting including monitors, printers and desktop software
- Skill in applying critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving methods
- Skill to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing both technical and non-technical information
- Skill in explaining technical information in laymans terms
- Skill working in a collaborative team environment
- Skill working with minimal direction
- Skill in providing customer service
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work occasional weekends and/or holidays
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
- This job operates in a professional office environment; this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.