VICE PRESIDENT INFORMATION TEC (UA-VPIT-IUINA)
At University Information Technology Services (UITS) we provide the technology, tools, and services you need to succeed. UITS supports IU's vision for excellence in research, teaching, outreach, and lifelong learning. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being through programs supported university wide. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
TechSelect is seeking an IT professional to join its IUPUI Client Support team. Our team values teamwork and a flexible work-life balance. TechSelect assists with technological needs of any Indiana University department, academic program, or research center. TechSelect exists to ensure a motivated and cooperative support staff to assist in the technological needs of individuals, academic programs, research centers and institutes, auxiliary units, and external public and private agencies supporting the goals of IU.
- Provides mid-level technical support to faculty, staff, and students; resolves mid and low-level problems and, as necessary, refers more complex problems to appropriate supervisors and/or senior-level support staff.
- Interprets problems and provides technical support for hardware, software, and systems; follows established protocols to provide technology solutions in support of students, faculty, and staff.
- Shares resources and training materials to assist users; identifies recurring difficulties/problems and reports on trends; updates documentation as needed.
- Stays up-to-date and maintains knowledge of all services offered and/or supported by the university.
- Documents and tracks calls received and follows up with clients until a satisfactory resolution is reached.
- High school diploma or GED.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of computer support or related experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- COMPTIA A+ certification upon hire.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Excellent communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Friendly and service oriented.
- Experienced understanding of computer operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Mac desktops and Microsoft Office suite.
- Skilled in utilizing and troubleshooting university systems.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively and to operate computers and other related technical equipment. The role is required to maintain and interact with computers and frequently move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: IT User Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at ***** or by visiting IUPD.