LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We’re adaptable, curious and ambitious. That’s why here, you’ll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Software Engineer III (JAVA) (Home - Based)
The Software Engineer III position performs moderately difficult research, design, software development assignments and maintenance of LexisNexis Risk Solutions enterprise web applications. This position requires an experienced engineer capable of operating with minimal supervision, ability to work on individual pieces of code and solve problems including the design and program flow utilizing effective coding techniques and rigorous unit testing. In addition, the ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment is essential, as is the ability to mentor the junior developers when needed. This team is located in Evanston, IL however, for the right candidate could work remotely.
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking industry leader that presents a multitude of opportunities. We are a diverse workforce dedicated to an inclusive environment. We are interested in technologists who want to grow their careers with LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company.
· Responsible for development of web-based enterprise applications from specifications.
· Logging and tracking of assigned defects to closure using standard tools.
· Responsible for reporting progress against schedule for all assigned tasks on a regular basis
· 3+ years of related experience, including prior experience as a programmer in a commercial software development environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Major, or equivalent experience
· Development experience using Java, J2EE and Web Services
· Experience with Spring Boot, Micro Services, Spring MVC, Struts. Hibernate, JPA, Angular, Lucene, jQuery frameworks.
· Understanding of REST APIs and SOA web services with OAuth2 authentication.
· Experience working with Relational databases Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, PostgreSQL.
· Experience with Java IDEs, preferably IntelliJ
· Experience with CI/CD and version control tools such as Git, Jenkins, etc.
· Experience and knowledge in Secure SDLC and Scrum Agile software development.
· Strong object-oriented design skills and a track record of delivering designs to market
· Solid verbal and written skills
· Java, J2EE
· Spring, Micro Services, Spring Boot, REST API, Hibernate
· Tomcat / Apache
· Oracle / SQL Server
· XML, XSL, HTML, Java Script, Angular
· SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact ***** or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on *****.
RELX is a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
We help scientists make new discoveries, lawyers win cases, doctors save lives and insurance companies offer customers lower prices. We save taxpayers and consumers money by preventing fraud and help executives forge commercial relationships with their clients.
In short, we enable our customers to make better decisions, get better results and be more productive.