About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability... and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
• Performs preventive maintenance activities in control panels, electrical junction boxes, and other self-contained areas that require electrical expertise.
• Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC systems.
• Completes MHE (Material Handling Equipment) repairs, preventative maintenance and other mechanical activities to support a "One Team" environment that transcends electrical and mechanical responsibilities.
• Oversees the electrical work of other mechanical technicians to supervise proper process and protocol in accordance with local and statewide regulatory requirements.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Responsible for overseeing the activities of contractors working within the building either as representatives of the building itself or tenants.
• Identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
• Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building's infrastructure. Responsible for alerting management of building discrepancies.
• Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
• Supervise and manage engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training and personal development
• Ensure that the CFWA (Critical Facility Work Authorization) is a well-understood process among the building staff, engineers, tenants and contractors who perform work on the building's critical infrastructure.
• Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrolment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
• Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Journeyman Electrician role.
• Travel 20% at a minimum.
• 5+ years of applicable working experience and qualification as a Journeyman Electrician in the State of Washington.
• General building repair and maintenance and basic plumbing.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
• Understands aspects of construction planning and execution.
• Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
• 7+ years facility related work experience, including customer service, leadership and supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and CMMS systems.
• Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
• Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's (or within 90 days of employment).
• Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent.
• Managerial experience preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Possess mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Experience working in a cGMP environment.
• Experience working with established GMP procedures in the operation and maintenance of utility equipment.
• Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work independently or on a team.
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and written form.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams.
• Ability to seek outside resources as needed.
• PC competency to include: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
• Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 49 pounds
• Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
• 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
• Medical, Dental & Vision Care
• 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
• Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
• Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
• Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL