Our client, a major Oil & Energy Company is seeking a Land Analyst IV to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 6-month contract (temporary contract).
- Analyze and interpret legal ownership through the examination of division order title opinions and calculate/confirm the correct decimal of interest ownership
- Address existing title requirements and request curative documentation or collaborate with Land to waive the title requirement
- Analyze and interpret oil and gas leases and contracts to determine their impact on revenue settlement
- Establish and maintain legal revenue ownership in SAP-PRA
- Perform authorization for payment of proceeds to interest owners when the title is adequate and authorize the suspension of funds when the title is not clear
- Maintain and adjust legal ownership throughout the life of the producing asset by adjusting ownership pursuant to conveyances, probate, court orders, liens, etc.
- Review/interpret the effect lease/contracts terms and the impact to Revenue settlement by collaborating with Finance, Land, and Royalty Compliance
- Participate in due diligence activities by validating ownership
- Develop proficient use of technology resources to aid in the resolution of settlement activity
- Analyzing and interpreting oil and gas leases and contracts experience
- Able to support Finance, Land, and Royalty Compliance