Lead Controls Technician
Areas of Interest
Batavia - New York - United States of America, Brighton - New York - United States of America, Fairport - New York - United States of America, Gates - New York - United States of America, Greece - New York - United States of America, Irondequoit - New York - United States of America, Pittsford - New York - United States of America, Rochester - New York - United States of America, Spencerport - New York - United States of America, Victor - New York - United States of America, West Henrietta - New York - United States of America
CONTROL SYSTEMS LEAD
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solution organization is looking for skilled and passionate Control Systems Leads to join our growing team as we work to power one of the world’s largest online retailers!
We offer competitive pay, benefits packages, wellness programs, and an inclusive, collaborative working environment. Additionally, you will be a part of a global network of professionals supporting client operations across CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions organization where you will have opportunities for career advancement and skill development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this vital leadership role, you will lead a team of service technicians to maintain, troubleshoot, and modify material handling controls systems equipment to ensure optimal operational performance. Harnessing your critical thinking and creative skills, you will support the Operations Maintenance team to problem solve complex issuesand project manage resolutions. You’ll also have the opportunity to coach, train, and mentor service technicians on control systems foundational skills.
If you do not have experience that meets the qualifications, apply anyway! We want to get to know you and might have a role open that is a better fit!
· Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures.
· Troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLC platform utilizing RSLogix 5000 software package. Includes Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, AS-I, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
· Act as first-level escalation support for the control systems technician teams, and appropriately escalate issues that negatively affect operational performance.
· Monitor material handling equipment metrics and partner with controls technicians and mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies.
· Perform controls systems assessments to maintain and improve equipment reliability.
· Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations; acting as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the facility.
· Clearly communicate technical issues, project timelines, and product impacts with building leadership, operations and the maintenance teams, to ensure understanding and inform the pathway to resolution.
· Mentor, coach, and develop training program for control systems technicians.
· Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Associate’s degree with a focus in Electronic Technology or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience with motor controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components).
· 5+ years of experience with programming HMI components.
· 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs.
· 5+ years of experience with robotics system components and controls.
· 3+ years of experience with SCADA systems.
· Experience interpreting and modifying mechanical and electrical drawings.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
· 4+ years of experience in the electrical fields, or in control systems development, troubleshooting and programming.
· 4+ years of experience supporting advanced automation controls systems maintenance and development.
· 3+ years of experience supporting conveyors and sortation systems.
· Leadership and project management experience.
· Experience with ASRS systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
CBRE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
· Highly competitive base pay and retirement program.
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs.
· Health and wellness programs.
· An inclusive culture that prioritizes employee growth, skill development, and career advancement.
ABOUT CBRE GLOBAL WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS
Grounded in our mission to provide world-class service to clients around the globe, we believe that every place of work can be a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, safety, and brand – the workplace enables business results.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)