- Assist with all technical support activities for the Office. May be asked to assist with technical support for other regional offices as needed.
- Assist the Regional IT Manager in the management of resources to address day-to-day requests and projects; prioritize tasks to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Analyze the activities and workload of the local Technical Support group and make recommendations to management for changes in procedures and systems. Analyze and evaluate incident reports and make recommendations to reduce the incident rate.
- Coordinate the training of new local Techs and remedial or enhancement training for existing Techs to perform necessary tasks and projects. Collaborate with other IT groups to streamline operations and improve overall IT support services.
- Provide consultation and direction to staff members and the entire department for complex tasks, issues and projects. Ensure all Techs are aware of and comply with all operational and organizational policies and procedures.
- Regularly communicate with the Regional IT Manager regarding day-to-day operations and any incident that should be immediately reported to his/her attention.
- Provide proper follow-up, updates and project status to the manager. Ensure proper follow-up is provided to all end users who may have reported a problem or requested technical assistance from the NT Technical Support group.
- Assist other team members with processing and maintaining local data backup routines; perform data restores as necessary; install and beta test new technology; assist with telecom-related issues when necessary.
- Assist with LAN cabling patching and troubleshooting and workstation set-ups and moves.
- Perform software installations; and other tasks as requested by the Regional IT Manager.
- Closely monitor the ChangeGear ticketing system to ensure all tickets are assigned and updated in a timely manner. Use the best business protocol for follow up communication with an end user.
- Quickly assess and escalate hardware and/or network problems to third level IT support groups for assistance. Proactively review current infrastructure, assert good judgment to know when to coordinate equipment replacement during repair period.
- Maintain and enhance current technical knowledge through reading of trade papers/journals and attend conferences, seminars, classes and trade shows.
- Build and motivate a high performance team through effective training, motivational techniques, and implementing tools. Ensure on-going development of technical skills. and professional growth. Provide input and recommendations to management for budget planning and staff performance evaluation for this area.
- Maintain the hardware inventory for the Nashville Office and assist with maintaining the Firmwide hardware inventory database. This includes but is not limited to: Laptops, Mobile Phones, Hotspots.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with audio visual set ups.
- Install and beta test new technology.
- Assist with telecom-related issues when necessary.
- In rotation with other local IT staff, serve as 24/7 on-call emergency specialist.
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Information Systems, including a minimum of one year of supervisory experience to include work planning and employee training. This is a hands on technical role. The candidate must have a high level understanding of the workings of Windows and the various services that make Windows run including, but not limited to TCP/IP and DHCP. Requires strong judgment and leadership skills and considerable aptitude in human relations. The successful candidate will have outstanding interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Must be passionate about customer service. He/she will have good conceptual, problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to ensure consistent performance without supervision; must be able to serve as critical personnel in the event of emergencies; must be able to travel as required. This position involves occasional overtime including some weekends and firm holidays.
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please contact us at ***** .