Lead Web Content Writer (513803)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of University Communications, the Lead Web Content Writer will craft well-considered, engaging and precise copy for a range of institutional web pages. As part of an overall strategy to renew the University's webpages, the incumbent will write, update and edit copy, manage projects that relate to the web redesign, clearly communicate marketing messages and project a positive, successful image.
• Ensures all edits are input and accurate in order to maintain the University's brand and reputation.
• Research, develop and write and edit engaging and precise copy for institutional web pages to ensure continuous dynamic content for online formats.
• Adapt to shifting timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Manage and complete work on time for multiple projects, while maintaining a high level of copy editing accuracy and competency.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3zlxtgB
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college in English, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a job related field.
• Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time professional copywriting/copy editing experience in public affairs, media relations, marketing and/or market research.
• Project management experience, with the ability to understand large scope projects, merging individual contributions with universal goals, preferred.
• Experience in a fast-paced environment and working with junior web copywriters and experience in higher education, desired.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to use effectively media outlets including planning media coverage and media publicity campaigns for the university and events. Working knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and the media. Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats.
• Ability and specialized skills to: apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences; build and manage more sophisticated media contacts; keep abreast of campus events and subject matter expertise in relation to current events to identify and capitalize on media opportunities that will promote the university and increase positive media coverage.
• Effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals; analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into communication vehicles; apply appropriate statistical techniques and methods to research; provide lead work direction.
• Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues, as well as experience working collaboratively with non-copywriter stakeholders. Possession of Internet research skills; excellent English oral and written communications skills; sound judgment skills; computer skills; interpersonal skills; and cross-functional team leading skills. A self-starter who is able to close information gaps through research and query and requires little to no supervision.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 0800 / Pub Affairs/Comm Spec / 2
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3515 - $5600, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3515 - $6358 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
• Applications received through June 20, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at *****.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Job ID: 3377508992985584565
Los Angeles, California Jobs
Web Developers and Digital Interface Designers Jobs