We are building a World Class Service Center in Boise, ID and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of supporting life changing service and providing professional expertise to the agencies we support and their leaders...
About the Company
Cornerstone is one of the most dynamic and progressive companies in the rapidly expanding home health, hospice, and home care industries. Affiliates of Cornerstone now operate 26 home health, hospice, or home health and hospice agencies across nine Western states and we expect this growth to continue. These agencies have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the “Service Center,” a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual agencies.
About the Opportunity
Under the direction of General Counsel and Associate General Counsel, provides legal support to Cornerstone’s operating subsidiaries. Among other functions, the position will assist in the drafting, proofing and finalizing of forms; licensing/Medicare applications, and other legal documents; and will be responsible for calendaring legal matters, maintaining legal, compliance and regulatory files, and designing and improving processes and procedures to ensure consistent performance of complex and routine tasks. Through the successful performance of the position’s essential functions, the individual selected for this position will have a direct impact on the legal department’s successful delivery of outstanding legal services to Cornerstone’s operating subsidiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in the completion of state and county business license applications, state license renewal applications, state notification forms, laboratory registry and certification forms, and Medicare 855A/PECOS notification forms.
2. Review and proofread transactional, litigation, and other legal documents and correspondence.
3. Assist in acquisition activity, including organizing due diligence information, and completing acquisition closing binders.
4. Assist with required regulatory filings for various government bodies, including but not limited to departments of state and state departments of health.
5. Assist legal, compliance and HR teams in the preparation of educational and training materials.
6. Work both independently and within a team on nonrecurring as well as ongoing projects.
7. Perform other administrative functions including but not limited to filing, calendaring litigation activities, scheduling meeting and interviews, and answering correspondence.
8. Effectively utilize computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
1. Associates degree from an accredited college/university.
2. Minimum of one year legal assistant experience preferred.
3. Strong organizational/communication/analytical skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
5. Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
6. Positive attitude and desire to comply with the Cornerstone culture and Core Values: Compassion, Accountability, Passion to Learn, Love One Another, Intelligent Risk-taking, Customer 2nd, and Ownership.
Hourly Compensation: $15-18 based on experience.
Type: Part-Time (25-30 hours per week)
Location: Eagle, ID
To apply directly with our company and with Linked-In, please go here: https://ensign.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Ensign/job/Idaho/Legal-Assistant_JR739
About The Ensign Group
We are proud to be affiliated with The Ensign Group, Inc., an organization formed in 1999 with the goal of establishing a new level of quality care within the health care industry. The name “Ensign” is synonymous with a “flag” or a “standard,” and refers to a goal of setting the standard by which all others are measured. We share this vision and our core values with other health care providers affiliated with The Ensign Group, such as skilled nursing, assisted living, urgent care and mobile diagnostics. We all believe that through our efforts, we can achieve a new level of client care and professional competence and set a new industry standard for quality home health and hospice services. You can learn more about The Ensign Group at www.ensigngroup.net.
Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics