Library Assistants help community members obtain library cards, learn about library offerings and opportunities, and keep books and media flowing throughout the system. They also assist patrons in managing their accounts, using technology, and finding the best sources to fulfill information needs. Library Assistants are an active and essential part of the Anoka County Library team, serving a wonderfully diverse community of library patrons. We are seeking applicants for current and future vacancies. Apply today to join Anoka County's Library team!
These non-exempt, part-time, non-benefit-eligible positions will be assigned to one of the branches in the Anoka County Library System. The current vacancy is 20 hours per week and is located at the Northtown branch in Blaine. Hours include mornings, afternoons, early evenings, a Saturday rotation, and periodic Sunday’s.
Why join Anoka County?
- 24 days of paid Flexible Time Off and up to 11.5 paid holidays, pro-rated based on part-time status.
- Pension plan and other retirement investment options.
- Wellness and professional development activities.
- Advancement opportunities.
These examples are not all inclusive and are intended to be illustrative of primary responsibilities of an Anoka County Library Assistant.
- Greet, inform, and explain resources and services available to patrons.
- Deliver a consistent quality customer experience.
- Create and maintain patron records.
- Use computer systems to manage movement of library materials.
- Assist patrons with technology, including scanners, computers, copiers, tablets, and e-readers.
- Provide information and instruction to patrons about library use and services.
- Accurately enter assessment and payment of fines and fees using an electronic cash management system.
- Shelve books and other materials in the library.
- May work at other locations within our multi-site system as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- One year (2,080 annual hours) of public or customer service work experience.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds, stand, bend, stoop, reach and carry for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check.
- Previous library experience.
- Knowledge of numeric and alphabetical filing systems.
- Skill in data entry and operating computer software.
- Skill in communication and customer service while problem solving and dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively while maintaining a positive, respectful attitude.
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register system, handle a varied work pace and a variety of responsibilities.
Standard hiring rate: $32,053 to $33,010 ($15.41 to $15.87 per hour). Non-exempt.
2022 Anoka County Salary Schedule, Non-union, Grade A007: $32,053 to $49,338 (15.41 to $23.72 per hour).
Upon successful completion of an initial hire probationary period, employees will be reviewed for a potential pay increase, and reviewed at least annually thereafter.
Part-time; 20 hours per week.
The Anoka County Libraries are open varying hours, 7 days a week, between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Schedules include days, evenings, and weekends.
The work location and schedule may vary based on business needs and at supervisor discretion.
The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a review of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The most qualified candidates will be invited for an oral exam and/or interview.
Include responses to all supplemental questions with your application no later than 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the position. A complete application is required for you to be considered. Resume and cover letter submissions are optional and cannot be used in lieu of the application
Our team of nearly 2,000 employees is united by a common mission to preserve the public's trust. We do this by bringing our very best to work every day and serving Anoka County's 345,000 citizens in a respectful, innovative and fiscally responsible manner. If your career aspirations resonate with our mission, we invite you to Find Your Path with Anoka County! Apply today to join our team.
If you are requesting an exam accommodation, would like to submit Veterans’ Preference information or have any other questions regarding this job posting, please call the Anoka County Human Resources Department at ***** and reference the posting title and number. Veterans’ Preference documentation must be submitted to Anoka County Human Resources prior to the closing date and time of the posting.
Have a question about the hiring process? Please visit: www.anokacounty.us/er-faq