Machine Operators will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, and troubleshoot on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
• Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
• Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
• Performs necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
• Operates/monitors multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Communicates with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
• Completes documentation including daily production reports, regular quality inspections, and safety inspections of equipment
Checks and observes operations to produce a quality product
Makes necessary changes to process as indicated by quality control check
Responsible for the operation of the equipment in the areas of production and quality of work produced
Makes out daily production and downtime reports and check sheet
Cleans up assigned area
Helps clear out scrap
Monitors and maintains welding rates (in some departments)
general production, production line, loading, steel manufacturing, heavy lifting, Production, machine operater
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Entry level, at least 6 months of machine operating exp required.
Has to be willing to work hard and show up on time every day at work
Mechanical aptitude and previous manufacturing work experience preferred and required for higher pay consideration
• Experience as a Machine Operator a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
• Knowledge of Production Procedures
• Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals a plus
• Analytical Skills and Attention to Detail
• Handle Heavy Equipment
• Work Independently
Physically demanding previous work experience required.
Experience using quality inspection tools and visually inspecting products.
Experience troubleshooting equipment to ensure efficient production.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.