What you'll do...
Assist other maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of equipment.
Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical/electronic problems with equipment, networks, logic controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and external Input/Output (I/O) devices where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
Operate material handling equipment, battery equipment, moving machinery, and other powered equipment.
Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment (for example, lift trucks, pneumatic systems, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, dock equipment, banana room equipment, electronic and electrical equipment, etc.) according to procedures.
Diagnose refrigeration and electrical problems using technical drawings (for example, blueprints, electronic/mechanical schematics) and diagnostic tools (for example, multi-meter, laptop). Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges. Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities. Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (including troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment) OR 3 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (including troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment)
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America