Goldrich Kest (GK) is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties including multi-family, industrial, retail, commercial and congregate care through acquisition and development while providing stable cash flow to its partners and outside investors.
Under the Supervision of the Community Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible to maintain the overall appearance and maintenance needs of the community. Responsibilities include curb appeal; supervise the maintenance staff; coordinate make-readies and move ins/move out schedules; perform general maintenance repairs; conduct preventative maintenance and oversee the construction/rehabilitation needs of the apartment community.
The selected candidate will collaborate with the Community Manager for the overall property in order to assist the leasing staff in achieving the overall occupancy goals, and for assisting in resident retention by providing a quality living experience for the residents.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Direct and supervise the daily activities of the property's maintenance team. Apply GK policies and procedures to all maintenance operations of the community.
- Prioritize work assignments and evaluate job performance of maintenance associates. Ensure all work is completed according to GK standards.
- Collaborate with the Community Manager to coordinate the move-in schedule and ensure the timeliness and effective completion of all repairs in preparation for all new residents. Unit turns need to be completed in 5 days.
- Perform, schedule and supervise maintenance repairs throughout the property including the common area amenities, resident occupied units, and vacant units in preparation for new resident move-ins.
- Work with vendors to coordinate repairs. Ensure quality work is completed.
- Assist Community Manager in obtaining proposals from vendors as needed.
- Manage open service requests through Onesite. Work orders need to be completed in 24-48 hours.
- Communicates with the Community Manager regarding the status of work and any potential issues, reporting anything that may be a potential liability.
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Schedule, monitor and conduct preventative maintenance on various equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, HVAC, swimming pool(s), carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural and appliances.
- Performs common area painting.
- Conducts monthly lighting inspections and replacements of lights where needed.
- Completes monthly and annual inspections on time. Follow up on any issues needing improvement.
- Keep work areas, maintenance shops, storage areas, equipment clean, and well organized.
- Consistently maintains a clean and attractive environment around the leasing office, clubhouse, pool, and all common areas.
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which includes but is not limited to, driveways, parking lots, curbs, trash receptacles areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris, including pet waste. Ensures pet stations are stocked and emptied at all times.
- Maintains the property's flowerbeds, plants, and grass area, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance (including pool furniture).
- Maintains clean laundry rooms, mailrooms, doors, and light fixtures throughout property, as directed.
- Ensure policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
- Reports to Community Manager any inoperable vehicles on property, leaks, mold, injury, criminal activity and ensures incident report is submitted immediately.
- Provide safety training and instruction for newly hired maintenance associates.
- Participate in safety meetings and perform all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies.
- Respond promptly to resident complaints, concerns and requests.
- Provide input to the Community Manager for performance reviews for community maintenance associates.
- Comply with GK Management career apparel requirements and require compliance of maintenance associates.
- A flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful staff.
- Comply with GK's key control policy by all maintenance associates, vendors, and contractors. All keys must be secured and no keys can be taken home with authorization from GK Management.
- Presents a professional, efficient attitude to ensure resident satisfaction while working within company guidelines.
- Any other job duties or responsibility that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact effectively with management, co-workers, visitors, and residents
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read/ speak/ write English language proficiently
- Intermediate computer knowledge
- Ability to perform professional level maintenance services
- Knowledge of and ability to use simple tools and equipment
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain expenses in line with the budget
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The majority of the work day is spent indoors performing repairs inside of apartments and when performing computer related work. Exposure to seasonal temperatures occurs during summer and winter months. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.