LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI
Sheridan is a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than themselves.
We value the craft and art of printing and the processes used to create and distribute the world's content.
We care about each other, support each other, and provide every opportunity for training, growth, and developments. We work hard, we have fun, and we are proud of what we do. YOUR CAREER AWAITS JOIN US!Job Summary:
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Rebuild machines and overhauls troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Performs maintenance on the building, facilities and grounds.
- Assists to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming projects and the requirements for completion. Complete assigned projects as directed.
- Performs all assigned preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery and the building and grounds.
- Orders parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintains technical competency and remains current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Works as a team member and participates in Total Productive Management. (TPM) efforts.
- Complies with all safety regulations and work rules.
- Performs general housekeeping in working area.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience as a Mechanical or Electrical Technician
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- 1st shift: 7 AM-3 PM
- 2nd shift: 3 PM-11 PM
- 3rd shift: 11 PM-7 AM
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Shift premiums: 2nd shift-5% and 3rd shift-7%
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at ***** or .