Manager, Commercial Operations
Catalent Biologics is a fast-growing business within Catalent Pharma Solutions focused on providing innovative technologies and solutions to help more and better biologic treatments get to patients. The business includes our proprietary GPEx cell line engineering platform, our new state-of-the-art biomanufacturing facility in Madison, WI, and our market leading biologics analytical services as well as SMARTag Antibody Drug Conjugate technology in Emeryville, CA. Leveraging our growing differentiated technology portfolio, world class manufacturing capability, and other integrated services across the Catalent network, Catalent Biologics is positioned to drive significant growth for Catalent.
Working for Catalent Biologics is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial team helping to improve future patient outcomes by working on products that are designed to treat cancer, various autoimmune, fibrotic and blood disorders, HIV, diabetes, heart and lung diseases as well as Alzheimers.
This is a full- time, salaried, position: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
The Manager, Commercial Operations is responsible for supporting the North American Commercial Operations team by providing commercial management of existing customer projects/products and representing Site Operations business interests during new customer onboarding. The Manager, Commercial Operations holder will partner with Business Development, Project Management and Site Operations teams to successfully deliver solutions for Catalents customers and drive value for the respective Site and Business Unit assets and capabilities. Responsibilities for the position include managing the transfer of new project/product information from Business Development establishing overall project governance in coordination with Project Management, evaluating customer products using both customer-supplied information and market intelligence to establish long-term demand outlook, and management of routine business-related activities during project execution.
- Evaluate customers products using a Portfolio Management approach to provide long-term view of demand and life cycle analysis.
- Partner with Business Development and Project Management as the primary customer-facing team, establishing project governance and effective communication between the customer and Catalents Operations teams and senior Management.
- In cooperation with the Business Development, Legal and Contract Administration teams lead the negotiation team during preparation and negotiation of development and supply agreements for targeted customers.
- Lead the process for extension/renewal of existing commercial supply agreements.
- Monitor and report on business and contract related aspects during project execution to ensure customers adhere to agreed terms such as forecasting, purchase order placement, on-time payment and minimum quantities.
- Collaborate with the Technical Evaluation and Proposals team providing appropriate oversight in preparation/pricing/strategy of proposals for new business with existing customers.
- Work with Site Operations and Finance teams to routinely evaluate cost vs price models and discuss opportunities for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in relevant science or engineering discipline. (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing, quality, technical project management, business management, business development
- Relevant industry knowledge of drug product and biologic development, analytical research and development, project scale-up, product manufacturing, quality, validations, and regulatory
- Analytical, financial skills, business acumen
- Superior customer services skills and professional demeanor
- Service agreement and legal language experience
- Prior direct contract negotiation experience preferred
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Defined career path and annual performance review and feedback process
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Potential for career growth on an expanding team within an organization dedicated to preserving and bettering lives
- 152 hours of paid time off annually + 8 paid holidays
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus potential
- Community engagement and green initiatives
- Generous 401K match and Paid Time Off accrual
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective day one of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyones safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit Catalent Careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to *****. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and ; signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Important Security Notice to U.S. Job Seekers:
Catalent NEVER asks candidates to provide any type of payment, bank details, photocopies of identification, social security number or other highly sensitive personal information during the offer process, and we NEVER do so via email or social media. If you receive any such request, DO NOT respond- it is a fraudulent request. Please forward such requests to ***** for us to investigate with local authorities.