What you'll do...
Walmart Global Audit - as a trusted and valued business partner – is committed to protecting the company, while remaining independent and objective in our approach and frame of mind. Working collaboratively, our Finance and Accounting, IT, Governance, and Operations professionals identify, anticipate and prioritize risks, determine whether those risks are adequately mitigated, and act as remediation stewards ensuring that the solutions we recommend address root causes sustainably. We also build and develop talent in a supportive environment while challenging each associate to grow and develop consistent with our high-performance culture. We do this while embracing our Company’s culture, including our role as servant leaders.
As a Global Audit Manager, you’ll assist the Finance and Accounting team with assessing and advising on financial risks to the company, including our financial reporting. You will also work cross-functionally with Governance, IT and Operations teams to deliver insights through effective communication, influence, and technical acumen. Your individual contributions include leading and teaching less experienced associates through all project phases, planning and delivering audit and advisory projects, while incorporating feedback from and managing expectations of more experienced Global Audit and business leaders.
You’ll really wow us if…
- You think creatively and strategically and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You consistently apply data analytics approaches to drive efficiencies, assess and monitor risks, develop audit plans, build and analyze hypotheses to solve complex business problems or assess processes and controls in an audit context, and recommend action plans.
- You are comfortable working with large, complex data sets including understanding the tools and techniques best suited to the nature of the underlying data and project objectives, presenting data-driven results to maximize impact and decision making, and leading others through data analytics approaches.
- You can personally apply and lead others in using data analysis, automation, dashboarding and workflow tools.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Recommending business and technology strategies, processes and automated methods by identifying and determining control deficiencies; and evaluating current environment against internal standards, policies, procedures and Institute of Internal Auditors or other applicable standards and frameworks.
- Driving audit process efficiencies by recognizing automation and integration opportunities; creating common auditing methodologies; responding to critical business situations (for example, changes in company audit plan, project deadlines, available resources, or the company's risk environment); and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Designing and developing business process audit plans by identifying technology supporting business processes; identifying risks and threats to business process objectives; determining the severity of risks; developing audit tests to test effectiveness of controls; assigning associates to execute portions of the audit; and incorporating audit frameworks, methodologies, and standards into audit execution.
- Managing the audit process by directing project work flow; ensuring adherence to audit methodology; communicating with internal and external stakeholders; reporting key findings and concerns; producing audit documents and supporting documentation; documenting findings and recommendations for management review and presentations; overseeing work product completion; participating in customer conferences to ensure customer satisfaction; assisting with the findings follow-up process; and assisting with stakeholder and team issue resolution.
- Managing regulatory compliance test work by coordinating with process owners to identify and test controls; validating process documentation; analyzing information technology and business information to identify improvement opportunities; and working with external auditors to test regulatory compliance controls.
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Providing and supporting business solution implementation by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Modeling compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field OR Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or other Information Technology-related field. 3 years experience in internal audit, information technology, or business-related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Audit - Internal, Finance/Accounting
Masters: Business Administration
CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Internal Auditor - Certification, Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America