Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
In this role, you will develop and execute talent strategies, enable a culture of inclusion and deploy organizational effectiveness tools that attract reward, engage, retain, and develop our diverse talent base.
This role will support the Sensor Solutions product line, Lexington Business Center, Projects and M&A and report directly to the Precision Strike HR Leader. This position is a hybrid role based at any of our major Electronic Systems locations: Nashua, NH (and surrounding area); Cedar Rapids, IA; Huntsville, AL; Austin, TX; Fort Wayne, IN.
- Create and execute an agile people strategy across that advances critical business priorities and supports the attraction, development and retention of our talent – while embracing the future of work.
- Lead and/or partner (with COE’s) on items including, but not limited to talent acquisition, talent development, leadership development, succession planning, diversity, equity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, performance development and total rewards.
- Build and execute a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan to drive tangible improvements in diverse representation. Integrate DEI principles and practices into business goals, talent development strategies. Promote a strong culture of inclusion across the organization.
- Orchestrate key talent movement with an aim towards building diverse teams and robust succession.
- Partner with leaders to evaluate the effectiveness of their teams and their organizational design. Facilitate workshops to re-evaluate existing structures, where needed. Lead change management efforts and new leader onboarding/assimilation activities, as required.
- Counsel / coach functional leaders on matters concerning development of their organization to enhance effectiveness and potential. Connect leaders to the right resources to support their own development and the development/effectiveness of their teams.
- Serve as a member of the Precision Strike HR team, actively partnering with other team members to drive innovative, strategic, and consistent people strategies across all of Electronic Systems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 4+ years of relevant experience OR in absence of a degree, 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. BAE Systems, Inc. will not offer sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in an HR Business Partner role supporting an organization of at least $200M in annual sales
- Previous experience working for a government defense contractor.
- This is a hybrid position with a mix of on-site and remote presence. Full-time remote will be considered with different travel expectations.
- Proven experience serving as a coach to senior leaders for their organization on HR matters relating to organizational strategies and business imperatives.
- Experience serving in an HR leadership or project management role for M&A activity
- Business acumen, be innovative, adapt well to change and work collaboratively with strategic influence to drive initiatives across a matrixed environment.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.