What you'll do...
We are looking for a passionate, creative Manager of Advanced Analytics to join Defect Reduction team. You will be responsible to solve complex business problems using cutting-edge data mining, and analytics techniques. You will be a part of a cross-functional team of data scientists, analysts, program managers, and business professionals withing customer care - voice of customer team.
- Business Partnerships: Works with leadership/business partners (e.g., Directors) to discuss and understand goals/functional objectives and key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current and future business issues; identifies functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans. Provides guidance to Directors and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research. Presents actionable recommendations to Directors to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Addresses complex business problems by applying advanced analytics to drive data-driven decision making. Makes strategic recommendations to team based on data analysis. Manages and executes data analysis strategy, providing guidance to less experienced team members.
- Model Development: Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results and value. Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Project Scope: Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end for a business area, category or prototype. Manages risk associated with implementation.
- Proof of Concept and Prototype: Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects. Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution. Collaborates with Advanced Analytics Experts to develop new data analysis techniques.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Business, Product and Engineering) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams and individual projects for a business area, category or prototype. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices
- 3-5 years’ experience in business analytics
- Experience in ecommerce, operations and process knowledge
- Technical expertise in data mining (SQL, Google BQ, Hadoop) and statistical analysis (R or similar)
- Experience using data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI, R Shiny, Looker, MS Excel) to derive powerful insights
- Experience using machine learning and deep learning libraries on Python including speech and text mining
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills. Conducting written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools. Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problems
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly address key business questions
- Conducts tracking and measurement of KPIs related to recommendations and socializes to the broader teams
- Combine Data Mining, Automation and Visualization to drive business insights and solve business problems
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America