What you'll do...
- Develop category modular assortments and design layouts by developing and validating the category purchase decision hierarchy tree; work with buyers to align modular development with overall category strategy; determine clusters of stores based on similar selling patterns; review effectiveness of previous modular; create predominant modular assortment and design layouts for categories; oversee others in modifying predominant modular assortment and design layout based on individual store needs; and oversee the process and accuracy of modular execution.
- Manage the creation of modular cluster variations based on the modular layout template, assortment strategy, and merchandising rules by analyzing optimal item assortments; maintain modular layout design; recommend alternate solutions when design integrity is compromised; prepare reports for use in the modular walkthrough; and developing the modular cover letter detailing strategy and execution instructions.
- Implement strategic opportunities for multiple categories in the design and development of category modulars by reviewing internal and external data sources; compile multiple data sources; identify product and customer trends within categories; comparing Walmart and competitor data; and determining market gaps.
- Manage modular relay process for assigned category by identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carry out tasks; communicate progress to management; collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners to ensure completion of modular milestones according to timeline; organize and participate in modular meetings; determine and recommend ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalate areas of opportunity throughout the relay process to ensure effective process management with internal and external partners.
- Manage validation team by overseeing audits of store merchandisable designs; ensure effective controls in design, scope, and prototype processes; maintain and update a central database of store merchandisable space, fixtures, equipment, signage, and design layouts; coordinate with other business areas regarding corrections to merchandise designs; and measure merchandise design accuracy and reporting it to executives.
- Coordinate, complete, and oversee job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; support plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identify and communicate goals and objectives; build accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identify and address improvement opportunities; and demonstrate adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assign duties; provide recognition; and ensure diversity awareness.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilize and support the Open Door Policy; and provide direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Working as a team – Collaborate with merchants to align strategic business objectives and initiatives to drive replenishment strategies.
- Helping solve problems – Manage inventory and develop strategies to improve in-stocks by evaluating root cause and providing solutions to merchants.
- Thinking and acting strategically – Oversee the execution of item-level replenishment by tracking modular set dates to ensure product alignment.
- Implementing complex inventory strategies – Build forecasts to align with merchandising needs, validate and implement new item forecasts and monitor and calibrate store forecasts.
- Building strategic relationships – Maximize relationships with partners and key stakeholders. Build internal partnerships and support your businesses goals.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design, Marketing, Mathematics, or related field and 2 years’ experience in retail, replenishment, supplier sales, finance, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in retail, replenishment, supplier sales, finance, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Category Management, Microsoft Office, Retail Industry, Supervising Associates
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America