$150 Perdiem Journeyman Electrician - NAVSEA Experienced
Electricians are responsible for the installation, removal, troubleshooting, tests, and repairs of electrical equipment that include electrical wiring, conduit boxes, and other electrical equipment onboard Navy and Commercial Vessels in various stages of construction, repair and modernization...
• Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, cable, equipment and systems.
• Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication and power circuits.
• Works from drawings, blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Must be able to read and understand drawings, tech manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams and specifications.
• Must be able to use all electrical test equipment.
• Use hand and power tools and testing equipment.
• Examine Electrical wiring, fiber optics, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices including Voltmeters, Ohmmeters, and Oscilloscopes to diagnose, document, and troubleshoot electrical circuits, cables, equipment and systems to ensure everything is functioning properly.
• Repair or replace faulty equipment or fixtures.
• Prepare work area, drill holes, grind metal surfaces, inspect and report on cableway and electrical equipment conditions.
• Install wiring, fiber optics, batteries, conduit boxes, panel boxes, cableways, motors, motor controllers, limit switches, proximity switches, hydraulic pumping units, hybrid delay, standard electronic modules, and other supplies.
• Work may involve the installation of components for new electrical systems or upgrading older systems.
• Work with limited supervision following a strict schedule.
• Prepare sketches or follow specifications according to blueprints, drawings, sketches, schematics, and wire diagrams.
• Direct or train other employees with lower class levels.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Occasionally perform task outside of the trade as required.
• Implement Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures when required.
• Will complete a written test
• Minimum 5+ years of marine electrical experience
• Minimum 3+ years of NAVSEA electrical experience
• Successfully pass drug & alcohol screening.
• Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes with limited visibility.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $24.00 per hour
• 10 hour shift
• 12 hour shift
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Night shift
• Weekend availability
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location