Materials and Distribution Manager
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Materials and Distribution Manager at Corvallis, OR 97330
Title: Materials and Distribution Manager
Location: Corvallis, OR 97330
Duration: 12+ Months contract with high possibility extension
Designs, builds, ships, and installs large, complex inkjet printing presses to print service provider customers.
This Logistics Coordinator role is responsible for assessing incoming orders from each region, ensuring completeness of fields for products/parts that will be shipped.
Conduct the necessary system transactions (S4 SAP) for specific part types, prepare and submit ROSA shippers for items departing from Corvallis.
Preparing shipping documents as needed to support the logistics planners.,. Responsibilities:
* Primary support to perform PGI (post goods issue) transactions in SAP for IC HALBS for hardware called out on each project configuration.
* Prepare and provide S4 generated export and import documents for IC HALBS, and no-charge (ROSA) forms.
* Support one-off shipping requests as needed (e.g., special, urgent shipments for installations; shipments from Corvallis in support of engineering; etc.).
* Support Corvallis material preparation for Press installs and upgrades
o Submit procurement requests for materials needed for the installations.
o Order items from the warehouse.
o Coordinate material availability and staging in time to support planned pick-up dates.
o Order the crating for the shipments with the local crating supplier and follow up to ensure it is complete in time for the shipment.
o Ensure shipments are properly labeled.
* Create shipment requests in the SharePoint shipment request system.
* Monitor progress of shipments with the freight forwarders and initiate escalations, as needed.
* Archive shipment requests from the SharePoint shipment request system per record retention guidelines.
* Participate in team meetings: shipping, region-business unit coordination, Inventory, logistics team huddle, etc. Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience with Logistics processes and linkages to systems transactions (physical flow with system flow)
* Knowledge of using SAP for system transactions required to support a shipment.
* Strong spreadsheet skills for analysis and reporting.
* Sound attention to detail
* Ability to work independently, but also to collaborate effectively with a team.
* Ability to multi-task and adapt to change to work through changing priorities.
* Skilled at communicating complex information in clear manner
* Two or four-year college degree preferred in business or related field.
Please share me the updated resumes
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 174267 when responding to this ad.
- Attention To Detail
- Microsoft Share Point
- Procurement Management
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!