Requisition Number: 44215
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 21-Nov-2022
Date Posted: 07-Nov-2022
The Distribution Center (DC) at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a Materials Handler! This position will provide logistics for packages, materials, and mail for university faculty and staff, as part of a work unit within the DC warehouse. Responsibilities include campus delivery of mail, materials, and packages; assembly and packaging of materials for shipment; inter and intra-campus delivery of materials, including library media; and making parts deliveries for Facilities Management (FM) Stores.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Distribution Center (DC) provides the university with procurement, disposal, and logistic services, as well as processing and distribution of written communications, to enable the campus to pursue its mission of excellence in education, research, and community service. The DC has a history of instituting initiatives and standard methodologies that take into consideration environmental sustainability.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Deliver materials and package on campus in coordination with outside companies including Staples, FedEx, and UPS.
- Assemble, package, and ship materials for campus departments and inventory customer materials for packaging.
- Perform inter and intra-campus delivery of materials and equipment.
- Make intra-campus pick-ups and deliveries of media for campus libraries.
- Carry out the delivery of parts from FM Stores to campus work-site locations and Trades shops.
- Safely lift and carry items weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Clean and sweep, deliver vehicles to maintenance shop, wash vehicles, assist with deliveries for other DC work units, fill in for front office receptionist duties, and work with the Computer Screening work unit as needed.
- Provide safety oversight and hazard analysis for all onsite activities.
- Ensure adherence to all USPS regulations and work unit procedures.
- Accurately meter mail and record billing and recharge information in Pitney Bowes meter accounting system as required.
- Perform the daily receipt, sortation, and delivery of intercampus and USPS mail as directed by distribution lead worker or supervisor.
- Promote harmonious collaborations between university departments through accurate processing of deliveries and through personal and courteous contact when assisting customers.
- Assist the university community with delivery-related questions by referring them to a work leader or the supervisor.
What You Should Know
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- This full time, in-person positions anticipated work schedule is Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- This role is eligible for our Facilities Management Employee Referral Program.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $34,368 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- One year of experience which includes warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Must be a Colorado resident to apply.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver's license.
What You Will Need
- Basic computer and handheld electronic device knowledge.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience dealing directly with customers.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to ***** or send via fax at ***** and reference the job to which you are applying.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Materials-Handler/44215
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency