How brave are you? We are a high-tech company providing machine tools and laser technology, and are looking for people who can face new challenges with a fresh mind. As an independent family company, we offer you the freedom and trust to put your brave ideas into practice. With you on board, we would like to power ahead with the digital networking of the manufacturing industry. Our passion and creative drive ensure that we are an innovative force – across the globe at over 70 TRUMPF locations.
Schedule, release, and expedite purchase orders in order to support production requirements. Maintain timely and accurate product master data utilizing business system.
Responsible for SAP key user of materials management activities including MRP, Logistics (material handling) and Shipping & Receiving. To take a lead role in in representing the Material Management Dept. at our site upgrades our SAP operating system from R/3 to HANNA.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan for SAP end users knowledge development and educate to end users, also provide/update end user documentation in the areas of trouble shooting,l, work instructions, and guidelines.
- Drive the logistics IT projects in order to support the Materials Mgmt. Dept.
- Analyze the data from SAP and provide the solution to management for process improvement
- Monitor status of material shelf life time, and pre-alert to logistics planners to avoid situation of over shelf life issue.
- Will provide backup support in the areas of MRP, Logistics and Shipping & Receiving.
- Load and maintain accurate material masters, BOM’s, and determin procurement process MRP driven vs. Kanban..
- Provide monthly open order reports to key suppliers and bring resolution to any discreptancies.
- Support Assembly floor regarding all material issues, working closely with production staff.
- Work with TRUMPF Documentation, (i.e., BOM, prints, and other necessary documentation.
- Use Microsoft products including Excel, Access, Word and Outlook for improved communication.
- Responsible for weekly cycle counts maximizing inventory turns and reducing inventory without line stopages.
- May be asked to be a Project Leader on complex crossfunctional projects of a limited scope.
- Self Management: Confident, rounded thinking., is resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change, Engages interest and participation of others a with collaborative approach, Weekly material Status Reports provide material availability and identifying any areas of concerns including potential line stoppages.
Physical Demands & General Working Conditions:
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, lift, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor in order to perform job functions.
- Working conditions – The employee may be required to work in a clean room environment and will be required to follow all Clean Room practices and procedures. The employee also may work in the shipping & receiving area and warehouse.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 3 years experience as a SAP Key User. Must poses a good working knowledge of lean supply chain management methods, such as just-in-time and Kanban replenishment. Must be familiar with parts lists and products. Self-starter who can take full responsibility for a project and follow through with it until completion. An individual that can lead and train others in addressing issues and get cooperation from others in a firm, yet diplomatic manner. Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- 4-year college degree plus 5 yrs experience or 10 yrs work experience in the area of material management. Certified in API/CPI or APICS a plus.
- SAP certification a plus.Prior experience as SAP Key User.
- Prior experience as MRP Controller is a plus.
- Prior experience training others (formal & informally)
- Accustomed to working independently and is self-guided and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbally)
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Bilingual ability (German and English) would be a plus.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. #MST