As a Meat Department Lead you will drive sales in your area and supervise your team of hourly associates to deliver to our members more of what they love, for less. You will model expertise in Meat and work collaboratively with other team leaders to ensure the total club meets the member’s expectations.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Leader: Supervises the team within the meat department to deliver on the business plan and contribute to the overall success of the club by communicating the goals of the department; executing company programs; adhering to policies and being an advocate for the member, the associate, and the company; working collaboratively with other team leaders to ensure the total club is meeting the member's expectations.
- Be an Expert: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business on the floor, backroom operations, product updates, and product specifications by ensuring the meat department meets company and regulatory standards for quality, inventory, production, equipment usage, safety, sanitation, and compliance; sharing knowledge and prioritizes training for the team to understand the item specifications and utilize the approved equipment for high volume products; engaging with the members and shares passion of the product to help them make the right protein selection.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to plan for and drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement. Utilizes hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality; and adopting new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the business results, ensuring commitment to operational excellence; maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work area in the meat department; utilizing Digital Tools for forecasting, planning, and production; facilitating the product inventory and ordering process; ensuring appropriate staffing levels and accurate audit and compliance standards; ensuring meat and seafood equipment and storage systems in working order; producing and displaying merchandise according to the merchandise layout plan.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Teaches and trains the team by identifying training needs; providing and developing necessary skills to deliver high quality products to the members; encouraging career growth for team members; and sourcing new talent internally and externally to work on the team.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications6 months experience in a meat production department or 6 months experience supervising a team.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Meat processing, including boneless and bone-in products, Supervising Associates
Food Handler Certification (Food Safety) - Certification
925 EGLIN ST, RAPID CITY, SD 57701-6962, United States of America