Johnson Service Group is a Tier 1 vendor for TVA and we have an open requisition for an experienced, Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager, working onsite at the Sequoyah Nuclear Plant in Ooltewah, TN. This role will supplement the existing work force targeting mostly mechanical projects like piping replacements, HX replacements, etc.
Local candidates preferred. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Target start date: ASAP
- W2 Hourly Pay Rate: (time and a half for overtime)
- Duration: 12 months
- Hiring Manager – Benjamin Thombs
- RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OVERALL PLANNING, DIRECTION, MANAGEMENT, COORDINATION, IMPLEMENTATION, EXECUTION, CONTROL AND COMPLETION OF SPECIFIC PROJECTS ACCORDING TO SPECIFICATIONS, WITHIN BUDGET COST FROM INITIATION THROUGH COMPLETION.
- LEADS JOINT PROJECT TEAMS, APPLIES PROFESSIONAL PRINCIPLES, PRACTICES AND TECHNIQUES TO LEAD PROJECT TEAMS AND CONTROL PROJECT SCHEDULE, COST AND PERFORMANCE RISK TO ENSURE PROJECT IS COMPLETED WITHIN A CERTAIN SET OF RESTRAINTS (E.G., TIME, BUDGET, PEOPLE, QUALITY, MATERIALS) AND A HIGH LEVEL OF QUALITY.
- THIS ROLE IS GENERALLY ASSIGNED LARGE MULTIFACETED PROJECTS.
- THE SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER IS THE SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT REGARDING A SPECIFIC PROJECT AND ASSUMES THE LEADERSHIP ROLE IN SAFELY MANAGING THE PROJECT.
- CAPABILITY TO MANAGE A PROJECT BUDGET OVER $8 MILLION, OR A PORTFOLIO OF PROJECTS THAT HAVE AN AGGREGATE TOTAL OVER $25 MILLION FOR ALL ACTIVE PROJECTS ASSIGNED.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business management, or technical field, or equivalent education, training and/or related work experience.
- 5+ years utility project manager experience, or equivalent functional area work experience including three years of increased responsibilities leading project teams and project management experience.
- Requires specialized in-depth knowledge of project management techniques, experience to resolve in-depth problems, and practical experience in project scoping and cost estimating.
- Ability to look beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems.