Wage Range: $22.68 – $36.29 per hour - MA State Licensed
Wage Range: $25.01 – $40.00 per hour - MA Nationally Licensed
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $5,000 for those new to EvergreenHealth and a minimum of one year of experience.
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $2500 for new MA graduates
Posted wage ranges represent the entire range from minimum to maximum. For jobs with more than one level, the posted range reflects the minimum of the lowest level and the maximum of the highest level. Some positions also offer additional premiums based on shift, certifications or degrees. Job offers are determined based on a candidate's years of relevant experience, level of education and internal equity.
Responsible for assisting providers in delivering quality patient care and promoting a culture of safety.
1. Greets and rooms patients per standard.
2. Takes patients history and vital signs.
3. Prepares patients for exam.
4. Assists provider with exam/surgical procedures and diagnostic testing.
5. Maintains appropriate sterile environment for the clinical procedure or situation, adhering to the Washington State standard for transmission precautions.
6. Administers injections (intradermal, subcutaneous and intramuscular) per provider orders.
•Must utilize EMR efficiently and follow appropriate processes for entering and retrieving data from EMR.
•Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current national certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Proficient with medical terminology
DESIRED for the position:
•National certification through the American Associations of Medical Assistants (AAMA) strongly preferred.
•1 year of MA experience in a medical office or healthcare setting.
Choices that care for you and your family
At EvergreenHealth, we appreciate our employees’ commitment and contribution to our success. We are proud to offer a suite of quality benefits and resources that are comprehensive, flexible, and competitive to help our staff and their loved ones maintain and improve health and financial well-being.
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• On-demand virtual health care
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Account
• Life and disability insurance
• Retirement plans (457(b) and 401(a) with employer contribution)
• Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
• Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
• Paid Time Off/Vacation
• Extended Illness Bank/Sick Leave
• Paid holidays
• Voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
• Voluntary identity theft protection
• Voluntary legal insurance
• Pay in lieu of benefits premium program
• Free parking
• Commuter benefits
View a summary of our total rewards available to you as an EvergreenHealth team member by clicking on the link below.
2023 Benefits Guide