Providence, Rhode Island Jobs
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers Jobs
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager Hasbro Partial Program is responsible for the care and safety of assigned children. Is responsible for the input into the formulation of a therapeutic milieu treatment plan and the implementation observation and documentation of this program under the direction of the multidisciplinary team. Provides services to medically compromised and emotionally disturbed children / adolescents.
Participates in maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Has the ability to take a frontline role in leading a group of 6-8 pediatric patients who are struggling with severe medical and psychosocial issues and guide them through the structured components of their day.
- Handles crisis situations in a safe effective manner.
- Intervenes in disruptive milieu or destructive to self / other patient situations providing timely therapeutic intervention(s).
- Demonstrates appropriate critical incident follow-up skills by timely verbal reporting to the Registered Nurse and documentation in the medical record.
- Demonstrates ability to set consistent and supportive therapeutic limits within guidelines of hospital unit department and standards.
Participates in the development of milieu therapy care plans.
- Participates in operation of the milieu care plan for assigned patients according to established department and unit-based procedure / policy.
- Maintains and documents level of patient observation as ordered by the LIP.
- Participates in support/supervision related to meal plans (e.g. for patients with Eating Disorders or specific nutritional goals relates to chronic medical illness).
- Creates participates demonstrates analytical skills and an understanding of psychiatric / medical illnesses and organizes therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the psychosocial and developmental needs for children ranging from 6-18 years of age.
- Completes initial milieu assessment within a 24-hour period. Supports and contributes to the development of milieu therapy care plans / behavioral management in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Communicates individual patient milieu treatment plans in an ongoing manner to the members on the multidisciplinary treatment team throughout the day in order to modify individual treatment plans as clinically necessary.
- Demonstrates and consistently models interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with patient/families as well as other members of the multidisciplinary team.
Adheres to hospital departmental and unit policies and procedures
- Is aware of departmental QA indicators and responsibilities related to such
- Attends peer review and staff meetings as assigned
Bachelors Degree required. Baccalaureate Degree in
a Human Service or related field preferred. Other education and
experience considered and may be substituted for educational requirements at
the discretion of the Hiring Manager. Must demonstrate aptitude and willingness
to learn role related skills.
Current CPR certification
Current RIH Crisis Management certification or current enrollment
Demonstrates a theoretical understanding of children within families.
Must have sound understanding of the social and developmental issues that are encountered in the medically ill child and teen populations.
Understanding of body image self-esteem and identity development issues particular to teenagers
Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients with consideration of aging process human development stages and cultural patterns in each step of the care process
One year of recent (within 3 years) experience in a pediatric environment ages 6-18 required.
Experience with medically compromised and/or emotionally impaired children
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General Hospital environment with occasional stressful conditions associated with children with emotional and behavioral disorders.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
Lifespan is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex national origin age ethnicity sexual orientation ancestry genetics gender identity or expression disability protected veteran or marital status. Lifespan is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Location: Rhode Island Hospital USA:RI:Providence
Work Type: Part Time
Shift: Shift 1
Job ID: 4056746125701353712
Providence, Rhode Island, 02903