Donohoe Construction Company has been ranked by The Washington Business Journal as one of the Top Ten "Best Places to Work." We are adding an MEP Coordinator to our New Construction division.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, and 401k plan with a match. And...we offer some not so standard, extra great-benefits, including tuition reimbursement for education/certifications, employee discounts programs (including hotels and our vendor's products), an Employee Assistance Program that offers a wide array of consultative/actionable services. We value diversity and believe in forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you.
The MEP Coordinator ensures our subcontractors provide the highest quality of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction services in accordance with project specific design and schedule requirements. As such, the MEP Coordinator is involved in all aspects of the MEP trades from design review, coordinated drawing supervision, submittal review for compliance, field inspections, and testing and commissioning.
- Analyze contract documents for constructability, code compliance and functionality
- Perform preconstruction early clash detections and design completeness assessment
- Assist Estimating Dept to develop job specific scopes, analyze bid proposals and make subcontract awards
- Provide detailed review of MEP value engineering ideas and costs analysis
- Support field Superintendents to review field installation for schedule and compliance
- Review and advise on MEP requisitions and contract changes
- Oversee project teams on MEP 3-D Coordination effort to ensure this process is managed and on schedule to produce the necessary drawings and information
- Oversee project teams for commissioning and final closet out requirements
- Lead periodic on-site coordination meetings with the subcontractors' foremen
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related field
- Experience managing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction needs of large complex construction projects
- Minimum of five (5) years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction procedures and practices
- Knowledgeable of MEP systems and controls, and how they function: including, chilled water, condenser, hot water, steam, water source heat pump, VRF Systems, direct expansion systems, domestic hot water systems, temperature control, fuel systems, lighting control, lighting control, low voltage systems, life safety systems, wiring and phasing, and other HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and electrical systems
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications
- Strong relationship building skills