As a mobile radiologic technologist, you ll:
Use a company vehicle equipped with a compact, portable x-ray machine (DR), and drive locally to x-ray patients in different facilities throughout your shift to support patient populations from adults, geriatrics, women, and children. You ll also utilize EKGs, Holter Monitors, and Pace Maker Checks. If you are looking for a dynamic work experience with more freedom and flexibility than in a traditional hospital or clinic x-ray department, then a career move here is for you.
Your day-to-day experience as a mobile radiologic technologist will include:
- Travel by vehicle to perform portable x-rays and EKG exams in a variety of settings, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, correctional institutions, residential homes, and other patient locations.
- Determine proper electronic and technical factors based on patient needs.
- Follow ALARA principles for reducing radiation exposure.
- Prepare accurate physician and patient orders and transmit reading as required in a timely manner.
- Set, adjust, and operate a variety of electronic equipment to obtain diagnostic images to include EKG s and Holter Monitor.
- Ensure the equipment is available and in working order (in the vehicle) prior to shift start and shift end.
- Assist with order taking, validation of studies, communication with reading radiologists, customer call-backs, and other administrative and customer support functions as directed.
To qualify as a mobile radiologic technologist, you must meet all state-specific and federal requirements for training, education, competency, certification, and state license to perform portable x-rays, including one or more of the following:
- Possess a valid state-issued driver s license with a good driving record.
- Completion of a 24-month approved radiological technology program or equivalent
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.)
- License or certification through the state where procedures are performed
About DispatchHealth, Professional Portable X-Ray (PPX), and Dynamic Mobile Imaging (DMI) DispatchHealth is building the world s largest in-home care system to deliver trusted and compassionate care to all. DispatchHealth offers on-demand acute care and an advanced level of medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own homes. DispatchHealth s emergency medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings, and holidays and can be requested online or a quick phone call. DMI and PPX radiologic technologists travel locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a facility. As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays, ultrasounds, EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers we pride ourselves on having superior digital technology which allow for expedited care. Home health care services are becoming increasingly common, and this is a great opportunity to become part of one of the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the country.
Get to know us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to learn more.