See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
BAE Systems’ Model Based Engineering Capability Group (MBxCG) department is seeking a senior/experienced Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) professional fully versed in the philosophy and practice of MBSE especially related to Cloud Technologies. The MBxCG group is fully responsible for promulgating Agile-MBSE practices, MBSE training, technically assisting all ES Sector programs in their MBSE model development and the proper application of MBSE process and technique to their program. BAE Systems is transitioning towards a Digital Enterprise (DE) where Cloud based networks and services are replacing traditional desktop applications. MBSE architectures and analyses must include the effects of Cloud infrastructure on the overall design not only for BAE but for customers transitioning to Cloud technology.
As a senior MBxCG MBSE-Cloud engineer this individual must have a complete commanding knowledge of Cloud networks and technologies and understand how to build Cloud-based MBSE models. The candidate must also have all the technical MBSE skills necessary to be capable of singularly and successfully guiding a program in their total MBSE development activities. This includes identifying and training up a suitable protégé to carry on his/her work developing and maintaining an MBSE model. It is expected that this individual will interface with program and upper management, develop and implement an MBSE execution plan, administer the plan and work daily with the project design team. Internal to the MBAE group itself this individual is expected to be a major contributor to the development of MBSE training materials and company MBSE best process and practices.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ Years building data/MBSE models and practicing Systems Engineering
- Experience in Cloud technology – On-premise and public, Cloud specific tools and services
- Solid understanding of UML and SysML
- Solid experience using MagicDraw/Cameo, EASparx, Rhapsody
- Can fully exploit model database
- Created validation rules and specialized searches in the model database
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems through MBSE model
- Classroom teaching experience
- Training material development
- Systems Engineering Bachelors or higher
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Built and maintained an on-premise Cloud network and associated SW services
- Competent creating cloud service and delivering end products to the Cloud consumer
- Directly built 3-5 full scale models including parametric functions and simulation execution
- Fully versed in all MBSE tools and related tools
- Experienced in Modelling Simulation Visualization and Analysis (MSVA)
- Experienced in systems performance analysis (Monte Carle, Multivariate, Pareto, etc)
- Experienced working in all phases of the engineering product development lifecycle
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression