ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are currently charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer. How can you play a part? By joining our Procurement team. The team will engage in the sourcing and tendering of the non-merchandise equipment, fixtures, supplies and displays that support our operations. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
As a National Procurement Support, you will have an exciting opportunity to support the sourcing, procurement, contracting, and supplier relationship management of non-merchandise products and services that support the store and business operations, both nationally and internationally. An ideal candidate will have experience in project management, procurement of goods and/or services and have an educational background in Supply Chain Management or a business-related field. The objective of this role is to bring value to the company through sourcing and category management strategies.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $27.75
Work Location: Dublin, OH
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supports the procurement plan to align with overall sourcing strategy.
• Supports tender engagements.
• Prepares Request for Proposals (RFP) for pricing.
• Compiles comparative data from suppliers.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and process improvements and recommends changes to direct leader.
• Uses procurement levers to reduce total cost of ownership and optimize performance, quality, and service within department categories.
• Supports category planning by using market data and spend analyses.
• Develops and approves sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation contract finalization and engages in all other source to contract activity.
• Creates and administers department-specific reporting as required to aid in overall planning and strategy.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and direct leaders.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Supports the office to maintain focus on customers.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Skill of aiding procurement activities in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced or expert proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Procurement and/or Retail Operations or a related field required.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 25%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer (https://careers.aldi.us/benefits)
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.