Target city for territory is Boston - will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: Boston metro, Franklin, Beverly, Milford, Randolph MA
Are you a results-driven pharmaceutical sales professional looking to be part of a collaborative, agile and patient-focused organization? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
As a Neuroscience Account Manager, this is an incredible opportunity to join the growing promotion of our CNS portfolio to primary care and specialties including Psychiatrist, Neurologist, and Institutional Accounts such as Skilled Nursing Facilities.You will drive demand creation by providing comprehensive clinical knowledge, executing sales and marketing strategies in the local market, and partnering to deploy approved services necessary to meet the needs of each account/customer. Our Neuroscience Account Managers are adept at executing against the toughest commercialization challenges in today's rapidly changing environment and must demonstrate strong capability in the following areas:
Business Planning & Account Leadership - Ability to use digital tools and apply data-based insights to create opportunities, develop strategy & tactics, allocate resources to enhance sales execution, monitor progress and adjust direction to maximize sales performance.
Selling - Deliver messages in a clear and compelling way to customers, effectively probe customer needs to handle objections and address the customer's educational needs. Close every call with a commitment to action to drive changes in behavior.
Customer Development - Develop customer engagement plans that incorporate identified customers and key stakeholders across multiple call points including Private Practice, Institutions, IDN's and others in the patient care continuum.
Local Market & Therapeutic Area Expertise - Gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, and apply comprehensive therapeutic knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities.
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrate the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipate and effectively address payer access issues specific to promoted portfolio using Lundbeck resources. Utilize deep understanding of Medicare payer landscape in addition to other payer channels including Medicaid and Commercial.
Pharmaceutical Environment/Compliance - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including accountability and adherence to Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biologics, medical device sales or related healthcare sales experience
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated skills building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience within a specialty product sales force.
- Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to CNS/neuroscience therapeutic areas in primary care and specialty settings including Psychiatry, Neurology, and Institutional Accounts
- Documented successful sales performance including national sales awards,
- Ownership and accountability for the development and execution of fully integrated account plans
- Previous experience in institutional account healthcare sales (IDNs, Hospitals, Community Mental Health Centers and Skilled Nursing Facilities)
- CNS selling experience related to Alzheimer's, Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenia & Anxiety
- Experience in product launches, with proven ability to drive results in a challenging and ambiguous market
- Strong analytical background, and experience using sales data reporting tools to identify trends
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e., co-promotions)
- Strong leadership through participation in committees, job rotations, panels, and related activities
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site .
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site .
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify .
Tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best
With too many people living with brain diseases around the world, our purpose couldn't be more important or more worth striving for. Every day we work tirelessly to change the outcome for these people. We are a community of specialists fiercely dedicated to restoring brain health, drawing on, and embracing, the uniqueness of every employee.
Our global footprint
Our approximately 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries are engaged across the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing, and sales. Our research programs tackle some of the most complex challenges in neuroscience, and our pipeline is focused on bringing forward transformative treatments for brain diseases for which there are few, if any therapeutic options. We have research facilitiesin Denmark and the United States, and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 18.2 billion in 2022(EUR 2.5billion; USD 2.6billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate website www.lundbeck.com/global , and connect with us on Instagram @h_lundbeck , Twitter @Lundbeck and via LinkedIn .