*We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and a pension plan. *
*POSITION SUMMARY *
This position creates every new criminal, summary, miscellaneous, juvenile and dependency case in our case management system. Electronic images must be proofed and verified. Deputy must make a decision if a physical case file is required and create the case if appropriate. Bail records and payments must be processed. The position requires prompt processing and accuracy to ensure timely notifications of hearings, case status, and proper event tracks for the case flow.
This position is responsible for greeting and assisting all visitors to the Clerk of Courts Office. Conducts face to face, telephone, and video appointments with defendants, reviewing their financial circumstances, and applying the guidelines set by the Court. Interviews are conducted with defendants daily. Must possess a firm, professional demeanor when dealing with the public.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in Business or other related field highly preferred OR 2 years' experience in office environment, OR experience in a court, court related and/or law enforcement office
• Required to be proficient with Microsoft applications specifically O365. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams are used daily.
• Must be able to operate multiple programs simultaneously.
• Bilingual is preferred.
• Proven customer service skills; good judgment; tact and courtesy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains an understanding of legal terminology and court procedures.
• Attend all criminal Court hearings, entering information verbatim with speed and accuracy, make quick decisions, identify missing information dictated in Court with the confidence to speak with attorneys and Court about the proceeding to avoid amendments. Determine the cases that need Guidelines complete. Must be completed within 10 days of sentencing.
• Assists customers and visitors at the counter -- receives documents for filing, obtains files, takes payments and issues receipts, administers oaths, takes affidavits, compiles material for bail bond, prepares documents for defendant, etc.
• Create and Issue Orders of Court
• Creates and compiles new accounts of costs, fines and restitution for each child upon receipt of sentencing orders; mails statements to child, inputs account types into the computer, etc.
• Schedule's date of required appearance from documents filed to ensure proper case events and notification as well as accurate court lists.
• Conduct interviews with defendants to determine their financial ability to make monthly payments. Make decision whether that matter involved can be modified by the Clerk's Office or only by the Judge. Make decision of defendant's financial ability and enter defendant into payment plan according to financial guidelines
• Required to fully read, comprehend, then follow the intent of an order and the impacts the order has on that case. Ability to think beyond the language that is included in the court order and take appropriate steps to ensure the case is fully processed.
• Prepare written correspondence.
• Issue's computer receipts. Maintain and balance cash drawer