*This is an overnight position 11pm-7am. Night Audit is responsible for creating a welcoming first impression and arrival experience for all guests staying at the hotel.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews arrivals and departures for guest preferences to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Check guests in and out of hotel and provides other assistance if needed.
- Provides information and acts as a resource of services to guests or hotel visitors by making restaurant reservations/suggestions, arranging car services, giving directions, etc.
- Responds and acts promptly on guest’s complaints, service or security problems.
- Resolves all guest issues resulting in win-win outcomes.
- Reviews logbook for any actions or messages passed on by previous shift.
- Performs switchboard responsibilities ensuring that all calls are answered, and all wake up calls are delivered in a timely fashion according to Hotel standards.
- Ensures proper backup is attached to the corresponding folios.
- Monitors and ensures that security officers perform responsibilities as required.
- Ensures that all guest charges are posted accurately to the guest folios.
- Runs and verifies pre-audit steps to ensure final update accuracy.
- Reviews the room rate variance report and checks for obvious or questionable rates. Investigates questions and corrects if errors found.
- Balances all credit card and direct bill payments before transferring to city ledger. Prints out statements of all bills transferred to city ledger.
- Ensures all interfaces are operational.
- Generates direct billing statements.
- Packages all night audit backup material for review by the hotel accountant.
- Passes on any information gathered during the audit that may be of significance to the hotel accountant via e-mail.
- Monitors present day availability and house count and take appropriate action as needed.
- Resolves any staff shortages that arise on shift.
- Assists in Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness Program as required. Familiar with crisis manual and be able to put into action as needed.
- Prints reports for start of the business day, for the General Manager, Front Desk and Housekeeping.
- Prepares daily hotel communication with information including VIP arrivals, hotel occupancy, Human Resources, Sales, and Food & Beverage information. Emails information to all Crew Member distribution group by 7 a.m.
- Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office cash record. Prepares a bank count sheet for Manager.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
- Flexible schedule allowing for the ability to work all shifts including overnights, holidays, and weekends.
Source: Hospitality Online