Iowa City, Iowa Jobs
Home Health and Personal Care Aides; and Nursing Assistants, Orderlies, and Psychiatric Aides Jobs
The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is seeking a Nurse Clinician (60) for the Care Coordination Division. This position functions as a clinical expert and care coordinator for a specific patient population interfacing with administrative, clinical nursing staff, physicians and patients/families.
* Collaborates with nursing, medical staff and other health professionals in the development and review of standards and in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care for a specific patient population with regard to the condition and age of the patient. Provides direct nursing care when necessary. Follows universal precautions.
* Independently coordinates and facilitates patient care between multiple disciplines within both the confines of UIHC and the local communities (including home health agencies, referring physicians and other community support services). Facilitates continuity of care.
* Coordinates patient care to better utilize supportive services through patient visit and possible admission, pre-schedules testing, follows up with test results to both patient and physician, obtains medical history, coordinates follow up visit appointment, provides medication, rehab. teaching, etc. Participate in the ongoing management of the patient to facilitate discharge of patient in a timely manner.
* Acts as a clinical resource or consultant for specific patient population with regard to the condition and age of the patients.
* Participates in development and implementation of managed care programs for a specific patient population.
* Operates autonomously in communicating with members of the health care team directing patient care and providing continuity of care across settings throughout the phases of care.
* Autonomously communicates with referring physician.
* Revises patient care regime via the telephone or telemedicine within protocols developed collaboratively. Manages and supports Telephone Triage.
* Provides leadership for direct patient care programs in area of specialization collaborating with unit-based nurse management team(s).
* Participates in decision-making process at unit/division/department level of issues that impact clinical practice.
* Participates in/provides leadership for divisional, departmental and/or intra institutional and community committees and projects.
* Provides input into financial management activities including operational budgetary decisions and cost containment.
* Participates in the ongoing implementation of current regulatory standards in order to meet state and national agency accreditation.
* Performs other special projects and tasks as assigned.
* Design and implement patient/family health education activities for the patient population recognizing individualized need.
* Serves as an educational and clinical resource to patient/family/staff (supports patient/family/educational activities).
* Facilitates learning and provides consultation to those in external agencies, communities and to other health care professionals.
* Supports implementation and evaluation of staff education and orientation programs, coordinating and presenting those related to specialty practice.
* Facilitates the educational experience for health care students and monitors the care delivered.
* Incorporates the role of patient care provider, advocate (patient, family, and health care professional), consultant, educator, researcher and quality manager.
* Participates in the development and implementation of division/unit quality assessment and improvement program using appropriate risk and quality management data.
* Uses relevant nursing research to improve clinical practice and investigate nursing care problems related to a specific patient population.
* Participates in development and conduct of research activities initiated through recognized need in area of specialty and as directed with other disciplines.
* Interacts with staff, patients, medical staff, peers, and others in a professional and cooperative manner.
* Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical expertise consistent with patient population requirements and current nursing and medical practice.
* Develops management and consultant skills consistent with position responsibilities.
* Adheres to professional and legal standards of nursing practice.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information.
* Promotes a positive work environment.
* Demonstrates the core values of service leadership: respect, communication, accountability, integrity, and compassion.
* Remains calm and constructive in conflict situations, listens and attempts to understand other points of view.
* Analyzes own performance in accordance with position expectations, develops goals and implements a plan to meet goals.
* Is self-directed in using time.
* Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required.
* Current license to practice nursing.
* Reasonable (within the last 1-3 years) nursing experience is required.
* Demonstrated expertise in specific clinical area of practice required.
* Previous case management experience
* Certification in case management
* Previous experience with EPIC
Competencies (Not Required)
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates respect for all members for the University community in the course of performing ones duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customer; constructively brings forward workplace concerns to coworkers and/or supervisor.
* Collaboration/Positive Impact: Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation, challenge and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
* Service Excellence/Customer Focus: Seeks opportunities to enhance ones own professional knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to ones current position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
List technical competencies here. You can find instructions for viewing technical competencies at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/viewing
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a Relevant File to the submission:
* Cover Letter
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact *****Additional Information
Job ID: 8525315967232793728
Iowa City, Iowa, 52240