DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Rotating all shifts, all days
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
MidState Medical Center
Serving the community since 1998, MidState Medical Center is a vibrant and progressive organization with a genuine concern for its patients, community, and employee’s alike. Earning top honors for quality stroke care, gold level recognition for organ donation, and employing leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, MidState provides the highest quality level of care while also being the only hospital in Connecticut to offer all private patient rooms and free parking for all patients and staff.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Role Scope
Under the responsibility of the physician, the Advanced practitioner is responsible for duties within their area of competence in the direct care of inpatients. Advanced practitioners admit and round on inpatients under the supervision of a physician. Evaluate the status of any assigned inpatient or outpatient by complete history and physical exam. Order appropriate lab tests, imaging studies, radiographic and other cardiac imaging studies, interpret lab, electrocardiographic and imaging studies. Initiate and write appropriate orders for the care of assigned medical patients including nursing care, nutrition, IV therapy, medications and dressing changes. Follow standard medical practices observed in the Department of Medicine, including delivery of patient care. Complete record keeping, observe strict confidentiality, and attend continuing medical conferences and patient review sessions. Follow standard medical practices observed in the Department of Medicine, including delivery of patient care.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
At Hartford HealthCare newly graduated and experienced practitioners are provided with the support and mentorship they need to succeed through on the job, classroom, and procedural training. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Matching 401k, tiered medical, dental, and vision plans
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Reimbursement for CME, professional society membership, licensure, and malpractice
- State of the art clinical and informatics technology.
- LEAN process improvement to drive quality outcomes and positively enhance both the patient and the provider experience.
- Proven and effective onboarding with supportive ongoing mentorship
- Leadership development opportunities through Hartford HealthCare’s Professional Leadership Development Institute
QualificationsAdvanced Practitioner Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant Master’s program preferred
- Licensed, or eligible to be licensed, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) / Physician Assistant in the state of Connecticut
- Certification or eligible to be certified as a Physician Assistant or National Board Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Board Certification as an acute care nurse practitioner required
- Minimal 1 year of experience as an APRN or PA within critical care, intensive care, emergency medicine, or urgent care required
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.