Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using innovative facilities, you'll have everything needed to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
At Cedars-Sinai, the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute doesn t treat all cancers the same. There are more than 20 cancer centers, programs or specialized services that specialize in treatment and leading edge research into specific forms of cancer. These centers and programs provide patient centered care and state-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
At the Department of GI Cancer Program, our oncologists, nurses, research staff work together to design custom treatment plans for specific cancer diagnoses. This ensures the patient will more quickly feel normal, and that healthy tissues are minimally impacted from the effects of radiation.Summary of Essential Duties:
- Responsible and accountable for the application of the nursing process, supervision of clinical practice, research involvement, consultative services, inter and intradepartmental liaison, education, leadership, and patient care management across the health care continuum from preventative, acute care through discharge.
- Incorporate both independent decision making abilities and collaboration with the board certified/eligible physician to deliver expert care to the patients, primarily related to GI cancer.
- Responsible to the Executive Director and the Chief Nursing Executive and functions as an integral member of the GI Cancer Program team.
- Provide individualized treatment, such as ordering medications, hydration, imaging, labs, prescriptions, managing peer to peer reviews and inpatient rounding while upholding CSHS philosophies.
- Enhance competency skills through continuing education programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to deliver care to special patient population and those with diverse cultural background.
- Identify safety concerns and institute measures to deliver safe environment and provide appropriate assessment, intervention, and evaluation of patients with consideration of developmental achievements in the population served.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required
- MSN required
- Current, unrestricted State of California Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Furnishing License required
- National Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner required
- BLS Certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy certification preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in Oncology required
- 1+ years experience as an Oncology Nurse Practitioner
- GI Oncology experience strongly preferred
Working Title:Nurse Practitioner - GI Oncology
Job Specialty:Advanced Practice (RN)
Shift Length:8 hour shift