***ENTRY LEVEL IT POSITION*** $15.00 – $20.00/hr based on experience
The Information Technology Support Specialist will be responsible for the setup of individual laptops and tablet hardware. The role will be an initial point of contact for technical support calls received by phone, e-mail or ticketing system. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading laptop/desktop/tablet hardware and other IT equipment to ensure high level of performance. Provide support to end users with an exceptional degree of customer satisfaction, technical knowledge and timeliness either by resolving the issue or by delegating and coordinating efforts with other members of IT team. This can also be a second and third shift role.
- Assist with installation and troubleshooting of applications used by end users on their equipment.
- Responsible for responding to queries either in the ticketing system, over the phone or in person
- Reviews daily work tickets to avoid overdue tickets
- Monitor daily performance of computer systems; Run diagnostic programs to resolve problem
- Able to troubleshoot and walk customers through problem-solving process
- Clean up computers; Install, configure, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware; Respond to customers seeking help
- Perform installation and maintenance of laptops, desktops, tablet computers and other IT equipment.
- Create and distribute network related information to users, such as new account information; as well as, activating and deactivating user accounts
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements:
- At least 1 years of experience in Information Systems or Technical Support
- Windows operations systems experience
- Active directory administration experience
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to visualize and conceptualize user problems from a distance and work with the user remotely to resolve the issues.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and appropriate technical experience with troubleshooting and installation of computer hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demands on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work with users at all levels of skills and abilities.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products and general patient accounting systems.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve claim issues.
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision and complete understanding and respect of confidentiality.
Subject to many interruptions. Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries. This position can be high paces and stressful; must be able to cope mentally and physically to atmosphere. Work requires spending approximately 90% or more of the time inside a building that offers protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. This position may require some travel (10%).